By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair vs Killzone 2

DMeisterJ said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
More negative news about Sony from you i see starcraft...

Duh. That's what he's always spewing.

Ok kids, time to wake up and play nice.

"I present none of this with the pretence that it is fact, I recognise that this is almost entirely speculation and adding together little bits of information that may not fit together in the end."

Next time you want to have a go at me try reading the entire OP before you comment.  That way you'll help make sure people don't view what was always my speculative opinion as fact-based news.

Seriously, your on a multi-console sales website.  Your going to hear stuff that doesn't indicate the sun shines out of Sony's ass here.  If you honestly cannot get by without callign everyone that posts something like this biased, a fanboy, or a troll, head over to SDF, I hear they are recruiting.......... 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Mars said:
Doktor85 said:
Killzone 2 will be a normal shooter with cool visual effects. I don't expect some innovation gameplay wise like Bioshock. Story won't be that great either. There will be some cool bossfights. Co-op and standard multiplayer options like DM CTF. I also think 32 multiplayer max. Gamerankings 8 -8.5. That's what I think.

u just described Halo.

all u said makes sense but u forgot to factor in massive hype/graphics/marketing.

Except Halo 3 actually turned out to be what it promised and is at 93% on gameranking??? But yeah other than that he totally just described Halo.

PooperScooper said:
starcraft you are such a silly fanboy. always there for a good laugh. thats the only thing your good for.

Well given that most people in this thread that didn't simply come in like you and give their token ZOMG DA STARCRAFTS IS ATTCKIN DA CELLZZZZ response like you actually agreed with me at least in part, I would call myself a logic-based contributitive poster, rather than a silly fanboy.

But thanks for playing. 

Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
Im sure we will hear SOMETHING at gamers day. But will it be something big like the Gears of War 2 press conference? Or will it be more like the 'also-ran' mention that Lair got at last year's E3 just before we found out how horrible it is.

They will give another play through, announce muti player stuff and the beta, with a september release, before R2's November release (Insomniac always release in November)

R2 will be realeased in August...i hope

http://sonyplaystationthree.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/resistance-2-confirmed-for-autumn-release/ 

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

"I would call myself a logic-based contributitive poster, rather than a silly fanboy."

meh...I would agree and call you that if the information you brought was just for information's sake and was meant solely to inform people, but it's hard to believe that since everything you put out seems skewed in MS's favor. Logically speaking MS can't win every argument and cannot always be the best option, so either your random sampling of news and speculation you care to bring forth has by some grace of God found itself skewed in MS's favor, or you are a fanboy.

That being said you are by no means the only fanboy on this site and I myself am a Sony fanboy at least to some extent, and not to mention some of the people who called you a fanboy are themselves fanboys on the opposite side of the fence. But you have to understand that when a known MS supporter tells me that Lair and KZ2 are similar I am going to take it with a barrel of salt. (I'm not sure increasing the amount of salt actually gets across my meaning....but I would not be inclined to believe your analysis....is what I"m saying.)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Mars said:
Doktor85 said:
Killzone 2 will be a normal shooter with cool visual effects. I don't expect some innovation gameplay wise like Bioshock. Story won't be that great either. There will be some cool bossfights. Co-op and standard multiplayer options like DM CTF. I also think 32 multiplayer max. Gamerankings 8 -8.5. That's what I think.

u just described Halo.

all u said makes sense but u forgot to factor in massive hype/graphics/marketing.

Except Halo 3 actually turned out to be what it promised and is at 93% on gameranking??? But yeah other than that he totally just described Halo.

yahh an unoriginal average shooter that got 93% thanks to $800 review gift bags. HAlo 3 turned out pretty mediocre but people are quite simple and swaying their opinion is just a few $$ away.   What was halo3s marketing budget ?

Oh ok. So Im sure that if Killzone and Resistance are advertised a lot, you will be pointing out that any good review scores they received are due to Sony's moneyhating Mars?

tombi123 said:
Isn't the weather system going to be innovative? I hope they pull that off...

That would be breakthrough in FPS genre indeed. Exclusive to PS3, lol.

Torillian said:
"I would call myself a logic-based contributitive poster, rather than a silly fanboy."

meh...I would agree and call you that if the information you brought was just for information's sake and was meant solely to inform people, but it's hard to believe that since everything you put out seems skewed in MS's favor. Logically speaking MS can't win every argument and cannot always be the best option, so either your random sampling of news and speculation you care to bring forth has by some grace of God found itself skewed in MS's favor, or you are a fanboy.

That being said you are by no means the only fanboy on this site and I myself am a Sony fanboy at least to some extent, and not to mention some of the people who called you a fanboy are themselves fanboys on the opposite side of the fence. But you have to understand that when a known MS supporter tells me that Lair and KZ2 are similar I am going to take it with a barrel of salt. (I'm not sure increasing the amount of salt actually gets across my meaning....but I would not be inclined to believe your analysis....is what I"m saying.)

A fanboy, by popular definition, is someone who cannot recognise with any real ease the shortcomings of their favoured console and console maker, and unnecessarily and without grounding attacks other consoles.  I am neither of those things.

This post was always based on speculation, something I highlighted in my own OP.  Just last week I started the thread talking about the Rrod at GDC.  To say that I am a fanboy inplies that I cannot see my own favoured console's failures.  However I clearly can, unlike those that rushed into this thread simply to attack me for daring to recognise the failure of a game on another console, and it's apparent parallels with another game on said system. 

zackblue said:
Starcraft, you have to understand that people have already played killzone 2, no one actually played Lair until its release.

Actually, one of my friends played Lair a few months before release and some magazines had played it a month or two before then.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/