By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which version of Grand Theft Auto IV are you gonna

I'm gonna buy 360 version, cause I don't even own a PS3. I'm happy for the extra content which 360 will get, and definately gonna buy those.

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

Around the Network

I only own a PS3. I always end up abandoning the GTA games about 20 percent into them. I just grow bored and frusterated with the gameplay mechanics. I've been fooled by reviews in the past. I'm not getting this, nor playing it, if it was free, for any system, but that's just my unpopular opinion. Not my kind of game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PDF said:
PS3, the only system it should of been on.

ROTFLMBO ... uh, yeah ... I am opting for the PS3 version because R* said the PS3 would be the definitive version and the two extra downloadable episodes ... oh, wait a minute ... opps ... wrong console ... yikes!

360 version, with extra episodes that will never, ever see the light of day on any PC and console.  And with R* said the 360 version is the complete version, AND the simple fact that R* has only shown GTA IV on the 360, I wouldn't risk taking a chance on the PS3 version. So what I played the past GTAs on the PS2 - and Xbox ... just like I played DMC on the PS2 - and now, I play it on the 360.

The 360 version will OWN the PS3 version, hands down ... 

Moneybags said:
The PS3 version is complete. Just as the 360 version is. 360 just has extra stuff you will probably have to pay for.

ORLY? Do you have a source for this? R* said the 360 version is the complete version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where did he mention the PS3 version was the complete version? I'll be here waiting for your answer.

madskillz said:
PDF said:
PS3, the only system it should of been on.

ROTFLMBO ... uh, yeah ... I am opting for the PS3 version because R* said the PS3 would be the definitive version and the two extra downloadable episodes ... oh, wait a minute ... opps ... wrong console ... yikes!

360 version, with extra episodes that will never, ever see the light of day on any PC and console.  And with R* said the 360 version is the complete version, AND the simple fact that R* has only shown GTA IV on the 360, I wouldn't risk taking a chance on the PS3 version. So what I played the past GTAs on the PS2 - and Xbox ... just like I played DMC on the PS2 - and now, I play it on the 360.

The 360 version will OWN the PS3 version, hands down ... 

You phail.  It has definetly been shown on the PS3 also, and there is no noticeable difference between the two (obviously, aside from the two exclusive episoded).  Maybe you've been to busy spewing Sony hate to find it.

Around the Network

@madskillz: yes your right, GTA4 PS3 is an incomplete, worthless game not worth your money....and so is Lost Planet 360 now that it has extra stuff in the PS3 version.

What I just said makes perfect sense going by your logic.

The PS3 version of course .

X360

madskillz said:
Moneybags said:
The PS3 version is complete. Just as the 360 version is. 360 just has extra stuff you will probably have to pay for.

ORLY? Do you have a source for this? R* said the 360 version is the complete version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where did he mention the PS3 version was the complete version? I'll be here waiting for your answer.

Yes, the PS3 version will end mid-way through a mission. Also, half of Liberty City will be missing.

I'll get the PS3 version at some point, for I will get a PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII, no need for a console that doesn't have FF XIII nor MGS4 + a high failure rate just for GTA4.