By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which version of Grand Theft Auto IV are you gonna

The PS3 version is complete. Just as the 360 version is. 360 just has extra stuff you will probably have to pay for.

Around the Network

I haven't played a 3D GTA game yet.. but I'll definitely get it and find out what the fuss is all about now I own all systems.

When I have to choose between a multi-platform game on PS3 and Xbox360, I choose the xbox360 version just for the added achievements.
So far differences on both versions have been minimal and don't justify the lack of achievements to choose for the PS3 version yet.

Rockstar called the 360 version "definitive." If the 360 version has extra areas, or extra missions (And it will) then there is a more complete version of GTAIV in existence than the one found on the PS3. Meaning that the PS3 version will be, 'less-than-complete.'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

PS3 version, if I still had a 360, still PS3 version!

The "experimental" downloadable episodes as Rockstar calls them means less to me compared to hardware failure worries, drive noise irritations and me preferring the PS3 controller.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

The PS3 and 360 versions will be the same at launch. I feel that the DLC could be quite large cause they have had since November to work on them, if it is true that it was only delayed due to the PS3 version, so I think we could be seeing an extra island, not just some new vehicles

Around the Network

PS3 version.

@Starcraft: Your explanation is laughable. What if Apple came out with a console and payed R* $100 million for a version of GTA4 with even more dlc content. See we could do this all day. PS3 and 360 versions are complete and so is RE4 for gamecube.

GTA IV is said to include online multi-player, so far I've had most excellent experiences with (free) lag free online multi-player support on the PS3. I guess you would need a XBox Live Gold membership to even play this game online on the 360?

I hope GTA IV will see good Playstation Home integration.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Own both systems, and I'll be getting for the PS3.

I own both consoles, but I'll be buying it on the ps3. It's MS's fault that I buy ALL multiplatform games on my ps3. MS put out shitty hardware with the RRoD and disc scratching. So to try to prolong the life of my 360, I only buy exclusives like Lost Odyssey on it. It's the price of selling crappy products.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450