By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which version of Grand Theft Auto IV are you gonna

madskillz said:
Moneybags said:
The PS3 version is complete. Just as the 360 version is. 360 just has extra stuff you will probably have to pay for.

ORLY? Do you have a source for this? R* said the 360 version is the complete version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where did he mention the PS3 version was the complete version? I'll be here waiting for your answer.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=32430

"PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are now identical"

So besides the 2 episodes of extra DLC. Thats it.

Rockstar have stated as well that there will be more DLC for both platforms. So those 2 episodes is it for the 360s advantage.

Around the Network

Well, for me, it's breaking my heart to have to choose.

On one hand, the 360 version has extra content, a larger online community, and achievements, which give me a stiffy every time I get one.

But on the other hand...

The PS3 was the console that I swore I'd buy and cherish. There's a bit of loyalty here, plus I find the Xbox style controller annoying for the game.

Sigh...

Xbox 360 version. ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the extra content! Its because my friends all have 360 and we're hopfully all getting this game so we can play online. And its fun getting achievements too.

Unless for some reason the PS3 version gets a significantly higher critic rating, then I'll be buying the 360 version.

I'm back...

360 version, though i dont own either a ps3 or 360 but, if i owned both i would pick the 360 version

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I dont recall R* marking the 360 version as the most Definitive version of GTA IV. Got a link that quotes R* directly, not some fanboy blog.

DLC is might be overrated, but it will help R* to surge ahead in NA. WW i expect X360 taking in 55% and PS3 45% (thx to E.U sales).

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

I am getting the PS3 version. I would get the X360 version because of the DLC, but i don't want to own a console that i am constantly fearing for it's death.

I would much rather get a version with a few less missions, than having a few more missions at the expense of expecting my console to die.

After all, it is the exploring the gta world, finding hidden packages and going on wild killing sprees that i enjoy most about these games, which is exactly the same in both versions. The extra missions do not mean that much to me.

"But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose." - Rockstar Games spokesman Hosi Simon.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161552

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ROTFL at the PS3 luvahz ... I got you clowns worked up.

All I want to know is - if the PS3 version is the complete, what are the expansions? Answer me that. To me, anyone who claims the PS3 version is the best one is trying to compensate for the fact that the only way they'll be able to play the complete game is on the 360.

What's cool is - since I also own a PS3 - if some kind of way the PS3 is the best, complete version, I can always play it on that. However, seeming MS paid R* $50M, you PSbots don't *think* that would tip the edge to the 360?

I find your blind loyalty to a joke of a console laughable ...

(From a PS3 owner, btw ...)

@ DJMeister

Do you have a link to the PS3 version of the game? Mucho gracias ...

Here's the entire quote ...

Fans looking to own the "complete" Grand Theft Auto IV experience will also have to own an Xbox 360. So says Rockstar Games spokesman Hosi Simon anyway, in a short interview posted over at Games Radar that has the entire Internet talking.

Upon being asked whether there were any discernible advantages for PS3 owners that could compare to the Xbox 360 downloadable content, Simon replied "not that I can think of."

"They're identical games. We're not hardware makers, and we're not like a pawn between these companies, we try not to be as much as we can. We make great games for people to enjoy on whichever system they want. But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161552