By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Uncharted!? (Update 2)

Future of Uncharted

Yes, this is the end. 89 44.50%

Yes & No. End of nate, not the franchise. 58 29.00%

No, we will see them in UC5 52 26.00%

Total:199

Just because it's the last adventure doesn't mean it's the last game in the series. They're talking about last adventure in the Uncharted timeline.

Nathan Drake could have went on many other adventures that we're not aware of. It all depends on how many of these adventures the developers create. They could even make a prequel with Sully and Drake after the events of their first meeting as seen in Uncharted 3.  There are endless possibilities of new Uncharted games with Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan.  There are near endless possibilities even with new characters like Cutter, Elena, and Chloe as well. 

Who knows.  In a single year, Nathan Drake could find dozens of priceless treasures with a quirk behind them that they can't let fall into the wrong hands so they don't make the discovery in hopes that no one else finds them. 

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:
Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Who said it was the last game? The title?

The thief in the title could be someone who stole something from Nate, hence why he's getting back into action. The End, of that thief because Nate is going to KILL him at the end of the game for stealing.

In case you haven't noticed, all subtitles of the (numbered) Uncharted games have been completely ambiguous.

I'll give you that. But Sully and Nate were referring to a last job. And that + the title pretty much points at the end of the franchise.

Anyone with Adon as their avatar, I can't take seriously.  If everyone thinks it's the last uncharted game, more people would probably buy it, because they're not expecting it to get a sequel very soon.  And they'll have to wait at least two years anyway.  It's all sorts of reasons, but a good writer can write Uncharted 5 and have it make sense regardless of the outcome of Uncharted 4.

Pfft... everyone likes to hate on Adon... nothing new there.

It's obvious that the franchise is a money maker and it would be unwise to just end it. But hearing the way Nate and Sully are talking, makes me think he wanted to stay out of the game, but he needs to do one last thing. Think about U3 ending: he was ready to commit himself to a relationship with Elena, so he must have a new life, newer responsabilites and commitments. So he can't be anymore in the treasure hunting business. That's how I see the trailer. I don't want the series to end either, but it's clear they don't want to milk it a la COD or Assassin's Creed, so they want to end it on a high note.

Knowing how ND works I dont think they even wanted another Uncharted and probably prefered something new entirely but Sony probably asked for one last dance with Nate Drake.

VXIII said:
jigokutamago said:

You better not call it that. The last time Sony had the words "The Last" in the title, the game never came out.

The one that got more than 200 game of the year awards ? it was awesome ^^

You got me there. I guess the name can go both ways.

jigokutamago said:

You better not call it that. The last time Sony had the words "The Last" in the title, the game never came out.

The Last of Us? pretty sure that came out.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:

The Last of us did come out...but I get what you mean.

walsufnir said:
For preventing future crap shouted by thuway, the famous insider with a strong bias:

Awesome. 1 bulshit insider down. About 6 Billion more to go.

4 ≈ One

kitler53 said:

uncharted 3 sold 6.34M

the last of us sold 4.56M and is tracking very evenly with uncharted 3.  with the ps4 release it will in all likelyhood outsell uncharted 3.

what this tells me is that uncharted is not sony's biggest IP,... naughty dog is.  so don't tell me that sony won't kill off uncharted.  sony will do whatever the fuck naughty dog wants to do and righfully so.  if naughty dog wants to be done with uncharted the uncharted is dead.   frankly it is for the best because a naughty dog that is working on a game they are passionate about is a naughty dog that is making great games.   being forced to make a single franchise "because it sells" is the best way to kill the franchise and kill the studio.  

and i don't know why anyone would want to force more uncharted if that isn't the right thing for naughty dog.   if naughty dog only did uncharted we wouldn't have the last of us.  be honest guys,..  don't you want to see what else naughty dog can do?   i don't know what that would be but i know it would be spectacular.

It's not Gran Turismo numbers but ND definitely looks more significant for SONY's bottomline than Polyphony. More frequent big sellers, with smaller development budgets compared to.. what ever Polyphony's strategy is.  Not to say PD doesn't produce good results. They technically got 3 ( GT5p makes arguably 4) games out last gen that all produced good numbers. 

4 ≈ One

ghettoglamour said:
I think the one who's dying is Sully. The title refers to him. In fact, by the moment shown in the teaser, Sully is already dead. Mark my words

That would be atrocious. :(

I'd rather they kill Nathan but Sully lives.

I'm okay if it is even if I enjoyed 2/3 greatly. Naughty Dog has enough capital for me to do what ever they feel like at this point.