By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Uncharted!? (Update 2)

Future of Uncharted

Yes, this is the end. 89 44.50%

Yes & No. End of nate, not the franchise. 58 29.00%

No, we will see them in UC5 52 26.00%

Total:199
DamnTastic said:
How can you not be a fan of Troy Baker??? ;0

I dont hate him either.

Around the Network

I think this is the last game with Nathan Drake.

As far as the franchise goes, this is the last Uncharted for Naughty Dog, so its probably the last uncharted for me.

Who said it was the last game? The title?

The thief in the title could be someone who stole something from Nate, hence why he's getting back into action. The End, of that thief because Nate is going to KILL him at the end of the game for stealing.

In case you haven't noticed, all subtitles of the (numbered) Uncharted games have been completely ambiguous.

uncharted 3 sold 6.34M

the last of us sold 4.56M and is tracking very evenly with uncharted 3.  with the ps4 release it will in all likelyhood outsell uncharted 3.

what this tells me is that uncharted is not sony's biggest IP,... naughty dog is.  so don't tell me that sony won't kill off uncharted.  sony will do whatever the fuck naughty dog wants to do and righfully so.  if naughty dog wants to be done with uncharted the uncharted is dead.   frankly it is for the best because a naughty dog that is working on a game they are passionate about is a naughty dog that is making great games.   being forced to make a single franchise "because it sells" is the best way to kill the franchise and kill the studio.  

and i don't know why anyone would want to force more uncharted if that isn't the right thing for naughty dog.   if naughty dog only did uncharted we wouldn't have the last of us.  be honest guys,..  don't you want to see what else naughty dog can do?   i don't know what that would be but i know it would be spectacular.

jigokutamago said:

You better not call it that. The last time Sony had the words "The Last" in the title, the game never came out.

Now if only The Last Of Us didn't exist, right?

Around the Network

I'd love to think that this is his last adventure, but not the last game in the franchise. What I mean is that he passes the torch to another generation of treasure hunters.

Burning Typhoon said:

The thief in the title could be someone who stole something from Nate, hence why he's getting back into action. The End, of that thief because Nate is going to KILL him at the end of the game for stealing.

In case you haven't noticed, all subtitles of the (numbered) Uncharted games have been completely ambiguous.

I'll give you that. But Sully and Nate were referring to a last job. And that + the title pretty much points at the end of the franchise.

Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I'll give you that. But Sully and Nate were referring to a last job. And that + the title pretty much points at the end of the franchise.

Anyone with Adon as their avatar, I can't take seriously.  If everyone thinks it's the last uncharted game, more people would probably buy it, because they're not expecting it to get a sequel very soon.  And they'll have to wait at least two years anyway.  It's all sorts of reasons, but a good writer can write Uncharted 5 and have it make sense regardless of the outcome of Uncharted 4.

jigokutamago said:

You better not call it that. The last time Sony had the words "The Last" in the title, the game never came out.

The Last of Us?

I came into this thread to tell everyone that the title is obviously refering to sully, not nate... But it has already been mentioned....