By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Uncharted!? (Update 2)

Future of Uncharted

Yes, this is the end. 89 44.50%

Yes & No. End of nate, not the franchise. 58 29.00%

No, we will see them in UC5 52 26.00%

Total:199

Pretty clear this is the end. Naughty Dog has abandoned successful franchises before and if they are done telling Nate's story (judging by trailer and title I think so) then it's time to give it a rest. I have no doubt this will be the best Uncharted yet as they want to send it out with a bang (they've gotten better with each iteration already). They are always willing to do new things and I think they can make basically anything great. Hell they've gone from platformers to third person adventure to horror they may as well go back to Jak now!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Probably is the last main entry in the franchise.
The Last of Us and a new IP should do this gen. Uncharted 4 is a well deserved end to the series.

do we need another LoU?  I kinda like that the story was conclusive.  Not sure why everything needs a sequel nowadays I mean I'm satisfied with the ending and feel like it would kinda ruin the story to try and expand you had such a conclusive game.  Sorta diluting the magic I guess.  It's like making SotC2 or Grim Fandango 2 or something.  Let it be and if you must then just make another game in the same universe but in Europe or Asia or something with new characters.  I mean look at how GoW has gotten drawn out and now people are tired of Kratos instead of them switching to Norse and a new protagonist.  It's why I want this to be the last Uncharted too.  Too many franchises are stretched until they break nowadays.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

BraLoD said:
platformmaster918 said:
BraLoD said:
Probably is the last main entry in the franchise.
The Last of Us and a new IP should do this gen. Uncharted 4 is a well deserved end to the series.

do we need another LoU?  I kinda like that the story was conclusive.  Not sure why everything needs a sequel nowadays I mean I'm satisfied with the ending and feel like it would kinda ruin the story to try and expand you had such a conclusive game.  Sorta diluting the magic I guess.  It's like making SotC2 or Grim Fandango 2 or something.  Let it be and if you must then just make another game in the same universe but in Europe or Asia or something with new characters.  I mean look at how GoW has gotten drawn out and now people are tired of Kratos instead of them switching to Norse and a new protagonist.  It's why I want this to be the last Uncharted too.  Too many franchises are stretched until they break nowadays.

Actually, The Last of Us end in very vague and claims for a sequel.
I don't want to spoiler anyone here, but nothing was near to be setled there, actually looks like ND already made the game that way to add more entries and turn it into a franchise, and ND always go with trilogys, I don't see why their best critically acclaimed work won't have any sequels.
You can be sure we will have at least one sequel to it.

I mean it was a great ending like Inception where it's kinda left open but it would also kinda ruin it if you're shown a definite conclusion.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:
Who said it was the last game? The title?

The thief in the title could be someone who stole something from Nate, hence why he's getting back into action. The End, of that thief because Nate is going to KILL him at the end of the game for stealing.

In case you haven't noticed, all subtitles of the (numbered) Uncharted games have been completely ambiguous.

I'll give you that. But Sully and Nate were referring to a last job. And that + the title pretty much points at the end of the franchise.

Anyone with Adon as their avatar, I can't take seriously.  If everyone thinks it's the last uncharted game, more people would probably buy it, because they're not expecting it to get a sequel very soon.  And they'll have to wait at least two years anyway.  It's all sorts of reasons, but a good writer can write Uncharted 5 and have it make sense regardless of the outcome of Uncharted 4.

Pfft... everyone likes to hate on Adon... nothing new there.

It's obvious that the franchise is a money maker and it would be unwise to just end it. But hearing the way Nate and Sully are talking, makes me think he wanted to stay out of the game, but he needs to do one last thing. Think about U3 ending: he was ready to commit himself to a relationship with Elena, so he must have a new life, newer responsabilites and commitments. So he can't be anymore in the treasure hunting business. That's how I see the trailer. I don't want the series to end either, but it's clear they don't want to milk it a la COD or Assassin's Creed, so they want to end it on a high note.

Juri has the better dive kick & much less annoying.

Simple.  Kill Elaina.  If they had kids, Sully can baby-sit, and Nate can get back with Chole.  He could intially go back to his ways in UC5 on a revenge trip, then, mid way through, rekindle that flame he had with chole.  Perfect.  There's so many ways to go.  My point is, this DOESN'T have to be the last game. 

Burning Typhoon said:
Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:

Anyone with Adon as their avatar, I can't take seriously.  If everyone thinks it's the last uncharted game, more people would probably buy it, because they're not expecting it to get a sequel very soon.  And they'll have to wait at least two years anyway.  It's all sorts of reasons, but a good writer can write Uncharted 5 and have it make sense regardless of the outcome of Uncharted 4.

Pfft... everyone likes to hate on Adon... nothing new there.

It's obvious that the franchise is a money maker and it would be unwise to just end it. But hearing the way Nate and Sully are talking, makes me think he wanted to stay out of the game, but he needs to do one last thing. Think about U3 ending: he was ready to commit himself to a relationship with Elena, so he must have a new life, newer responsabilites and commitments. So he can't be anymore in the treasure hunting business. That's how I see the trailer. I don't want the series to end either, but it's clear they don't want to milk it a la COD or Assassin's Creed, so they want to end it on a high note.

Simple.  Kill Elaina.  If they had kids, Sully can baby-sit, and Nate can get back with Chole.  He could intially go back to his ways in UC5 on a revenge trip, then, mid way through, rekindle that flame he had with chole.  Perfect.  There's so many ways to go.  My point is, this DOESN'T have to be the last game. 

I HATE Juri! Her big ego makes me revolt. And she's way more annoying.

Like I said, I don't want the series to end, but the irony is that the mock story you just made up is exactly the reason why the series needs to end. Nowadays, certain developers aren't even trying to redesign the storyline for their milked franchises, just to keep the games coming at a regular basis. My guess is that Naughty Dog just doesn't want to see their precious series perish and just wants to let it rest. Trust me, it comes as a shock for me; it breaks my heart. Maybe it's a choice that had to be made with Amy Hennig leaving. Maybe it's because they want to make another IP. Maybe I'm wrong and the series is not ending, but judging by the trailer, I'm getting ready just in case Uncharted ends. Are you?

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I HATE Juri! Her big ego makes me revolt. And she's way more annoying.

Like I said, I don't want the series to end, but the irony is that the mock story you just made up is exactly the reason why the series needs to end. Nowadays, certain developers aren't even trying to redesign the storyline for their milked franchises, just to keep the games coming at a regular basis. My guess is that Naughty Dog just doesn't want to see their precious series perish and just wants to let it rest. Trust me, it comes as a shock for me; it breaks my heart. Maybe it's a choice that had to be made with Amy Hennig leaving. Maybe it's because they want to make another IP. Maybe I'm wrong and the series is not ending, but judging by the trailer, I'm getting ready just in case Uncharted ends. Are you?

I love spamming her taunts in SFIV.  The one where she says "aha-ha! You want me to make it hurt mooore?" but, when I do it, she just laughs repeatedly, or I cancel the taunt after she says "me."Perfect for pissing people off.

I wasn't making a perfect story, I was just making a statement.  If you've got the right artist on the story.. or, writer, I mean, they should be able to tell a good story without draining it.  However, I guess this is NG we're talking about.  They can do anything.. including uc5, or another great hit...  but, i'd hate for it to be the last one simply because there's no way this game is going to look that impressing 3 years from now. 

Just get more proficient and then make the last.

I think they will stop at 5.

We Are One