By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Uncharted!? (Update 2)

Future of Uncharted

Yes, this is the end. 89 44.50%

Yes & No. End of nate, not the franchise. 58 29.00%

No, we will see them in UC5 52 26.00%

Total:199

I also think that this Uncharted will be the last one, or at least the last one from ND.

But the reason is most definitely not that the voice actors would drop out in principle so they need to reboot the series. A)if they would be so close to Hennig, they would have left like Stashwick did. B)Nolan North recently did a pretty big part in a project, which Hennig had no part in, a crazy little game called The Last of Us by Druckmann & Straley duo.

Why do I think it will be the last game? Imo it's simple. ND is a very creative studio which they proved time and time again, and they've done Uncharted 4 times already. I'm sure people want knew challenges, new original, creative things. I wouldn't be really surprised if UC4 is in the making because Sony insisted on it.
And ND earned their right to have a creative freedom, if TLoU would flop it would be a different conversation. But it was a new IP launched just a year ago that has already sold 6 million copies in the twilight of the PS3.
Let's be honest if Guerrilla Games got a green light for a new IP, ND will get it as well.
Plus it's simply a good moment to do this with departure of Hennig, to end it on a high note, without running the franchise into the ground and ND to move on.

That's why I'm expecting it to be the best Uncharted game yet. We're gonna get conclusion, they are going to go big, eyes will melt, minds will be blown.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

How can you not be a fan of Troy Baker??? ;0

plip.plop said:
ghettoglamour said:
I think the one who's dying is Sully. The title refers to him. In fact, by the moment shown in the teaser, Sully is already dead. Mark my words

I think you're right about Sully.

No Sully = No buy. Simple.

Piccolo2015 said:
plip.plop said:
ghettoglamour said:
I think the one who's dying is Sully. The title refers to him. In fact, by the moment shown in the teaser, Sully is already dead. Mark my words

I think you're right about Sully.

No Sully = No buy. Simple.

Haha honestly I think, if Uncharted in this form is to be continued after 4, we'll get exactly a spinoff with Sully pre Uncharted 3 events, in the lead role  

I know I would play it

Greatness Awaits!

I think Uncharted should end after this. Really loved Uncharted 2, and I'm super glad I'm getting another go with Nate Drake, but I just don't think the franchise has that much more territory to cover. It's been all over the world, told some great stories, and had a hell of a lot of firefights, but I'm ready for it to ride into the sunset. New IP after a hopefully awesome Uncharted 4.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:

You better not call it that. The last time Sony had the words "The Last" in the title, the game never came out.

The Last of Us?

Watching the trailer for UC4 gives me the vibe that it's the last one, I think it feels like it's coming to a natural end now and it should end before it's milked to the bone.

Sure it's one of Sony's biggest franchises even taking out all the mass bundling, but like the heads of ND said it's not just about the money, it's about what the team wants to make and after working on the franchise for so long I can imagine they'd want to move on. I'd guess that if the series was to continue it'd be by another developer, although I'd prefer the series just end.

Also it's not like thay can't create another huge franchise, The Last of Us released during the summer of the year the PS4 came out and is selling better than any Uncharted.

maverick40 said:

God no. Why would Sony end their biggest franchise and their most likable character? The perfect example is Halo.

So much of Nathans life could be made into numerous games.

What? Biggest franchise is Gran Turismo, by far (until now, that is).

Skidonti said:
Can any franchise ever gracefully retire in gaming? Right now I can't think of the last time one purposefully faded out and stayed gone.

Exactly, if there are cows to be milked, there is money to be made.

Naughtydog may finish with Uncharted series, but Sony wont.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Mensrea said:
I think Uncharted should end after this. Really loved Uncharted 2, and I'm super glad I'm getting another go with Nate Drake, but I just don't think the franchise has that much more territory to cover. It's been all over the world, told some great stories, and had a hell of a lot of firefights, but I'm ready for it to ride into the sunset. New IP after a hopefully awesome Uncharted 4.

But what about Atlantis?  

It seems like such an obvious choice for a game that they didn't use

Greatness Awaits!