By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why does Watch Dogs help PS4 but do nothing for XB1

The Best version with over one hour of bonus materials. Only on Playstation!

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:
Scisca said:
dane007 said:

I would glady take Titanfall over KZ  . i got both and the smoothness you get with titanfall make it hard to go back to kz in my opinion. KZ game is still fun to play in terms of single player campaign. Well based on what games was available at launch ,, i chose and bought XO first before i got PS4.  For me future doesn't matter as i get all eventually. but i know for most budget gamers ,, they would pick a console with games that like or games that htey know will come to a specific consoles. 
Can't comment on WII U as i haven't purchased it yet.  Thats opinion and great that you prefer sony first party exclusives over XO.  I prefer  Xo exclusives more but both have good exclusives like ISS which for me is the best first Party AAA on ps4  . XO will get japanese games much like 360 did. X360 did get japanese games that ps3 didn't get either and both had japanese games that came on both platforms. so don't know what you are talking about.  they were recent news of XO getting three japanese exclusives and one to be announced in the upcoming E3. WD looks similar on oth consoles. Even DF did the analysis.  me an my brother got copies of the game and they look identical.( i got XO and he got PS4) The only difference is the small resolution boost, slightly  more screen tearing on XO which rarely happens.  Apart from that its identical. don't know where you get the better lookin game ,, unless you are talking about resolution?  Sure there are gamers who would pick ps4 version purely on those tiny difference which is fine by me.

"Anyone who wants to get the most out of their money chooses PS4." Again thats your opinion not fact. 

@Bold - this doesn't matter. As I've said, both games are bad. At least KZ is a true exclusive, but that also doesn't matter much. They are both bad and thus make no difference.

@Italics - this is not an opinion. MS has nothing on Sony's first parties. Even if the quality can be comparable is the case of the flagship games, the number of such games can't even be compared. MS can't and won't pump out as many great and diverse games as Sony does. This is not an opinon, it's a fact backed up by years of track record. It is your opinion that you like MS games more, but the fact that Sony's offer is larger, more diverse and better (this last criterion I base on metacritic ratings, which are higher for Sony PS3 exclusives than X360's exclusives). It's a given that this will repeat this gen, cause Sony's 1st parties > MS 1st parties.

@ Japanese games - yeah, MS bought a handful of games at the start of last gen. It wasn't worth it, if they really want to repeat it, they'll be just losing money again. Also XO is no X360 and is even less attractive for Japanese devs.

@underlined - if there are differences, the games aren't identical. Yes, higher resolution and less screen-tearing make for a better looking game, that's exactly what better graphics consist of. An extra 60 minutes of gameplay also makes a big difference and makes the PS4 version higher value for your money. These games ARE NOT identical. The PS4 version is superior and you get more for your money. Fact.

dane007 said:

"Anyone who wants to get the most out of their money chooses PS4." Again thats your opinion not fact. 

This is not an opinon, it's a fact. You pay less for a more powerful hardware - fact. Even with the Kinectless version you get more HP per $1 with the PS4 ;) When you buy WD you get better visuals (and will get them better from other 3rd party games as well) and an extra hour of gameplay for the same price - fact. You will get more 1st party games on PS4 than on XO and Sony won't abandon the support as fast as MS, the games will have better graphics than MS 1st party games - I would say it's a fact, though it's "only" an assumption with a 99.(9)% of chance of becoming true. Good enough for me.

its an opinion  not fact. not everyone prefers Sony exclusives for first party over MS ones. they re gamers who prefer the ppposite.  thats a fact. At this moment, 6 mohts  into the gen, MS has more First party AAA  and thast not counting the ones being released this year that we know of.  You do know there are people who rate games on  metacritic for the sake of lowering the score if you are basing on user score.

Actually MS already announced 3 exclusive japanese for xo and anounced that there will be one more revealed at E3. also they announced that they have 4-+ develpers making games for XO. Thats pretty good so far. http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/23/xbox-one-japanese-release-date-announced-40-developers-pledge-support/ 

The extra amount of screen tearing on Xo is so small that is hardly visible. ii seen my brothers ps4 version adn compared with mine XO version. Even DF didn't say the difference in screen tearing were tiny. so really its jsut teh small resolution difference.  The texture quality and AA re all identical. even the foliage are identicla and so is the shadow quality. the difference is hardly like the difference between RDR ON PS3, Fallout 3 where it was beyong just teh resolution difference, but also frame rate difference, texture quality, shadow quality, draw distance and so on. thats what you call a hge difference which made 360 the sueprior one.( thats a known fact) This gen the diffeence is minute.

Again the visuals for WD on boht consoles are identical even to the texture quality  and AA MS still sypporting xbox 360 and is still doing well. At the moment in term o first party titel, MS is leasing the pack.  it may change when sony announces more. Whether it will have better graphics ,, thats your personal opinion. ps ryse is considered to be the best looking game when next gen launched and got nominated  at teh dice awards for its graphics. ( thats a  fact :) )

Again some opinions are based on provable evidence, others are based on delusion. You are flat out lying at this point and contradicting your precious statements about WD quality. They aren't identical, the tearing is not tiny and is very noticeable and there is a great disparity in over all quality in WD on ps4 and Xb1. Xb1 and ps3 on the other hand is proven to have very little disparity in quality  

I have the XO version and my brother has ps4 version and i have played both and noticed no difference. Even Df said the difference is small  and that screen tearing happens very rarely. i played 60% of the game and barely noticed it on XO. The texture quality , AA implemented , the physics are  teh same, water quality , foliage quality are the same and even car qyuality are the same and so is the lighting. i tested it on my 55 inch tv . If such  a differnce as you emantioned exists ,, then why DF leave that out?

this is from DF " The gulf in quality between PS3 and PS4 versions of Watch Dogs is vast, especially compared to the much smaller gap between current and last-gen Assassin's Creed 4. The PS3 version of Watch Dogs isn't an out-and-out disappointment, but it's clear that the Disrupt engine is designed to meet the spec of the PS4 and Xbox One platforms first and foremost - and in many ways, this leaves the older hardware sitting high and dry."

"Unfortunately, even with all these nips and tucks Watch Dogs simply doesn't run well on the PS3. It's a constant tussle for 30fps that rarely resolves itself successfully, and instead the game tends to flatten out at the 20fps line during our tests. This makes for some truly choppy visual feedback that makes handling cars in rapid pursuits feel off-kilter.

On top of that, we're looking at extreme levels of screen-tear for the PS3 release. It's among the most noticeable and constant offenders we've seen in this generation - a real blight on daytime scenes especially, where the artefact can easily be caught on long skyscraper outlines." Those are huge differences and XO is not even as bad as the ps3 version

Xbox One only about 80% as powerful as PS4. It is however fun to read some people's blend of dyslexia combined with ebonics.

dane007 said:
Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:

its an opinion  not fact. not everyone prefers Sony exclusives for first party over MS ones. they re gamers who prefer the ppposite.  thats a fact. At this moment, 6 mohts  into the gen, MS has more First party AAA  and thast not counting the ones being released this year that we know of.  You do know there are people who rate games on  metacritic for the sake of lowering the score if you are basing on user score.

Actually MS already announced 3 exclusive japanese for xo and anounced that there will be one more revealed at E3. also they announced that they have 4-+ develpers making games for XO. Thats pretty good so far. http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/23/xbox-one-japanese-release-date-announced-40-developers-pledge-support/ 

The extra amount of screen tearing on Xo is so small that is hardly visible. ii seen my brothers ps4 version adn compared with mine XO version. Even DF didn't say the difference in screen tearing were tiny. so really its jsut teh small resolution difference.  The texture quality and AA re all identical. even the foliage are identicla and so is the shadow quality. the difference is hardly like the difference between RDR ON PS3, Fallout 3 where it was beyong just teh resolution difference, but also frame rate difference, texture quality, shadow quality, draw distance and so on. thats what you call a hge difference which made 360 the sueprior one.( thats a known fact) This gen the diffeence is minute.

Again the visuals for WD on boht consoles are identical even to the texture quality  and AA MS still sypporting xbox 360 and is still doing well. At the moment in term o first party titel, MS is leasing the pack.  it may change when sony announces more. Whether it will have better graphics ,, thats your personal opinion. ps ryse is considered to be the best looking game when next gen launched and got nominated  at teh dice awards for its graphics. ( thats a  fact :) )

Again some opinions are based on provable evidence, others are based on delusion. You are flat out lying at this point and contradicting your precious statements about WD quality. They aren't identical, the tearing is not tiny and is very noticeable and there is a great disparity in over all quality in WD on ps4 and Xb1. Xb1 and ps3 on the other hand is proven to have very little disparity in quality  

I have the XO version and my brother has ps4 version and i have played both and noticed no difference. Even Df said the difference is small  and that screen tearing happens very rarely. i played 60% of the game and barely noticed it on XO. The texture quality , AA implemented , the physics are  teh same, water quality , foliage quality are the same and even car qyuality are the same and so is the lighting. i tested it on my 55 inch tv . If such  a differnce as you emantioned exists ,, then why DF leave that out?

this is from DF " The gulf in quality between PS3 and PS4 versions of Watch Dogs is vast, especially compared to the much smaller gap between current and last-gen Assassin's Creed 4. The PS3 version of Watch Dogs isn't an out-and-out disappointment, but it's clear that the Disrupt engine is designed to meet the spec of the PS4 and Xbox One platforms first and foremost - and in many ways, this leaves the older hardware sitting high and dry."

"Unfortunately, even with all these nips and tucks Watch Dogs simply doesn't run well on the PS3. It's a constant tussle for 30fps that rarely resolves itself successfully, and instead the game tends to flatten out at the 20fps line during our tests. This makes for some truly choppy visual feedback that makes handling cars in rapid pursuits feel off-kilter.

On top of that, we're looking at extreme levels of screen-tear for the PS3 release. It's among the most noticeable and constant offenders we've seen in this generation - a real blight on daytime scenes especially, where the artefact can easily be caught on long skyscraper outlines." Those are huge differences and XO is not even as bad as the ps3 version

That is a flat out lie and contradictory. You cannot say one minute "yes I noticed all these differences" and then say another minute that there are no noticeable difference. It's not true quit saying. Quit bringing up DF, anything he said is completely hearsay and is completely outside of your or my experiences. Unlike you I've seen it in side by side on ps4, Xb1 and ps3. The quality of the audio is not the same, the quality of the textures is not the same. It is not possible to display textures in 720p with the same quality as 900p. Yes there are more frequent fps drops in the ps3 version but they still occur in the Xb1 version. Tearing can be just as frequent at times. I've seen it myself so you can keep spouting the same unfounded nonsense over and over and contradicting yourself and just plain ignoring reality but none of it holds true.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
dane007 said:

You will never understand why the sales are the way they are if you keep on believing the bs you keep writing.

What I called facts are facts, not opinons. If you think otherwise - prove it, a sole statement like that is a capitulation on your part. MS or Sony preference is opinion. The marks games get, the number of exclusive games released, the different genres covered are objective facts and Sony wins in all of these categories. MS and Sony suffer the same from people rating games lower because of their bias, so you can't say this somehow defends MS. Facts.

OK, MS has bought a handful of Japanese games. I wonder what these games are gonna turn out to be. They did the same last gen - how much did it matter and how much did it last? You wanna bet the scenario is gonna repeat? No Japanese developer will have any kind of motivation to make XO games unless MS overpays it. I have no idea why they are doing this, it's just a waste of money.

Why do you keep ignoring the higher resolution and an extra hour of gameplay on PS4 version of WD? The game looks better on PS4 and has extra content. It matters to people - #dealwithit. It is the superior version no matter how much you spin it. The fact that the difference isn't as big as in the case of some last gen games doesn't matter at all, this argument is absurd. X360 was reaping the benefits of being the superior 3rd party console, now PS4 is in that place and is rightfully getting the profits - how is that you understood it last gen, but are somehow spinning and downplaying it this gen, when your prefered console is the inferior one? Hardwarewise the difference between PS4 and XO is much bigger than the difference between PS3 and X360. Just because the devs haven't yet shown it or because they failed at taking advantage of PS3's power is a different case. What matters is that the visuals aren't identical - fact.

Your argument about MS still supporting X360 is just a bad joke. Really, don't say stuff like that cause you're just asking to be obliterated in this argument. The support PS3 received last year, this year and will get next year can't be compared to what X360 got. It was the same story with PS2 vs Xbox. It can be assumed it will be the same with PS4 vs. XO, cause that's the way these companies roll.

Even if we accept that MS is slightly ahead now with exclusives or that Ryse is the best looking launch game, all it does is lead a cripple fight of shitty games nobody cares about. On the other hand every single multiplat game plays better on PS4 - and thus far multiplats have been more important that 1st party games. The fact is - the future is brighter for PS4 and people buy consoles for years to come.

Better graphics isn't an opinon, wtf are you even saying!? It is a fact. PS4 is much more powerful and exclusive 1st party games will look better thanks to this, since even multiplats look better, there is no way around it. No XO game will ever come close to what Naughty Dog does with PS4. Everyone know it's true, accept it and stop lying to yourself.

It's sad to see that you are too biased to accept plain facts, but if you keep going that way, you will never understand why the charts look the way they do.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Watch_Dogs had a bigger effect on the PS4 because of exclusive bundles, exclusive content and such! Shocking I know!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That marketing really paid off. Sony must of spend a pretty penny for it.
I am glad it sold well. Sequel incoming.

Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:
Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:

That is a flat out lie and contradictory. You cannot say one minute "yes I noticed all these differences" and then say another minute that there are no noticeable difference. It's not true quit saying. Quit bringing up DF, anything he said is completely hearsay and is completely outside of your or my experiences. Unlike you I've seen it in side by side on ps4, Xb1 and ps3. The quality of the audio is not the same, the quality of the textures is not the same. It is not possible to display textures in 720p with the same quality as 900p. Yes there are more frequent fps drops in the ps3 version but they still occur in the Xb1 version. Tearing can be just as frequent at times. I've seen it myself so you can keep spouting the same unfounded nonsense over and over and contradicting yourself and just plain ignoring reality but none of it holds true.

maybe i worded it wrong. I was trying to say that in terms of lighting, texture, physics , water  quality and draw distance are identical with no differene. the only difference would be screen tearing whihc happens a bit more  on xbox one.  my experience with it is exactly as mentioned above ,, the only difference is i could dbealy notice screen tearing ,, especially frequency of it. they di dhappen but to say one occurs moe then the other is hard to spot. Hence why i beleive df analyss as they are the experts in the analysis area. I know theres a resolution difference but on my 55inch tv ,, i couldn't see the difference. to be honest ,, if i didn't know about teh resolution difference,, i wouldn't be able to tell which is ps4 version and which is XO version. The audio not the same? do elaborate on that since DF never mentioned yet.  and ps3 is so bad that it flatlines at constant 20fps with anything  elseremoved to make it run on last gen specs. DF specifically said that and i know for sure XO doe not run at a  constant 20fps with absurd screen tearing as mentioned in the DF report. i hoep i made my explanation cleare. sorry fo rthe misunderstandings

That doesn't stop Watch Dogs from being an average game, boost or not.