By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why does Watch Dogs help PS4 but do nothing for XB1

Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:
Nicklesbe said:
Dernebel pretty much hit the nail on the head. However there is one more aspect. That is people want the best console version possible performance wise and the ps4 gave them that. The Xb1 version was pretty much exactly the same as the ps3 version so when comparing the two there was only one that stood apart and that was the ps4 version.

Thats not correct. according to DF : We've previously covered console performance and have little else to add - Watch Dogs is a pretty solid title on PS4, adopting a 30fps frame-rate cap and utilising adaptive v-sync when the engine fails to complete rendering the next frame in the allotted 33ms window. By and large, gameplay remains at the target frame-rate with few deviations beneath - the exception being packed scenes with lots of cars and explosions. Xbox One operates on much the same level - the difference being occasionally more noticeable screen-tear that occurs a little more frequently. Unlike the PS4 version, tearing can also infiltrate cut-scenes and general driving too, though it is rare. 

this for the ps3 version : Unfortunately, even with all these nips and tucks Watch Dogs simply doesn't run well on the PS3. It's a constant tussle for 30fps that rarely resolves itself successfully, and instead the game tends to flatten out at the 20fps line during our tests. This makes for some truly choppy visual feedback that makes handling cars in rapid pursuits feel off-kilter.

On top of that, we're looking at extreme levels of screen-tear for the PS3 release. It's among the most noticeable and constant offenders we've seen in this generation - a real blight on daytime scenes especially, where the artefact can easily be caught on long skyscraper outlines.  . Xbox one si no where and not even close to being as bad as ps3 version. i got it on xbox one  an dmy older brother got it on ps4  and they book similar and perform simialr. xbox one has  slightly more screen tear which rarely happens

Just because you say its wrong, doesn't mean it's wrong especially when you've never actually seen it on ps3. I've seen just as much tearing and fps issues and both are just 720p. Playing both on a large screen there is really no noticible difference between the two. Where as if you compare either to the ps4 there is noticible difference. I base that judgment off personal experiance and what I've actually seen with my own eyes. Now you can take other people's word for it and you can base your judgement on that without ever truly experiancing it but ya can't sit here and tell me my opinion is wrong when it's based on actual experiance with it on both xb1 and ps3 side by side. Apparently a lot of other people share that opinion hence the large boost in sales for ps4. Meanwhile others are so desperate to blindly defend Xb1 that they will say just about anything whether it's true or provable or not. Yeah Xb1 is slightly better than the ps3 version but you are kidding yourself if you think it looks more like the ps4 version than the ps3 version especially when it has many of the same issues as ps3. 

Same goes with me for XO and ps4 version. both me and my brother got 55 inch tvs and we couldn't find any differences between the two. This is my personal experience with the versions myself as i have seen a with my own ees and played them both as well. In terms of compariosn between the ps3 and XO i useed DF which is what most people fall back to when it comes to comparisons as they tend to know there stuff Quite well.  I take a professional opinion from DF over a gamer opinion anyday.  Even ign comparison video failed to show the huge difference which you claim  to have. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:

"Anyone who wants to get the most out of their money chooses PS4." Again thats your opinion not fact. 

Actaully it is fact bud.

Best hardware for least amount of money

Most f2p games

Plus has given out way more free games then Live.

Lets add X1 controller lacks rechargable batteries and you need an adapter to use your own headset.  (together extra 50$)

dane007 said:
Nicklesbe said:
dane007 said:
Nicklesbe said:
Dernebel pretty much hit the nail on the head. However there is one more aspect. That is people want the best console version possible performance wise and the ps4 gave them that. The Xb1 version was pretty much exactly the same as the ps3 version so when comparing the two there was only one that stood apart and that was the ps4 version.

Thats not correct. according to DF : We've previously covered console performance and have little else to add - Watch Dogs is a pretty solid title on PS4, adopting a 30fps frame-rate cap and utilising adaptive v-sync when the engine fails to complete rendering the next frame in the allotted 33ms window. By and large, gameplay remains at the target frame-rate with few deviations beneath - the exception being packed scenes with lots of cars and explosions. Xbox One operates on much the same level - the difference being occasionally more noticeable screen-tear that occurs a little more frequently. Unlike the PS4 version, tearing can also infiltrate cut-scenes and general driving too, though it is rare. 

this for the ps3 version : Unfortunately, even with all these nips and tucks Watch Dogs simply doesn't run well on the PS3. It's a constant tussle for 30fps that rarely resolves itself successfully, and instead the game tends to flatten out at the 20fps line during our tests. This makes for some truly choppy visual feedback that makes handling cars in rapid pursuits feel off-kilter.

On top of that, we're looking at extreme levels of screen-tear for the PS3 release. It's among the most noticeable and constant offenders we've seen in this generation - a real blight on daytime scenes especially, where the artefact can easily be caught on long skyscraper outlines.  . Xbox one si no where and not even close to being as bad as ps3 version. i got it on xbox one  an dmy older brother got it on ps4  and they book similar and perform simialr. xbox one has  slightly more screen tear which rarely happens

Just because you say its wrong, doesn't mean it's wrong especially when you've never actually seen it on ps3. I've seen just as much tearing and fps issues and both are just 720p. Playing both on a large screen there is really no noticible difference between the two. Where as if you compare either to the ps4 there is noticible difference. I base that judgment off personal experiance and what I've actually seen with my own eyes. Now you can take other people's word for it and you can base your judgement on that without ever truly experiancing it but ya can't sit here and tell me my opinion is wrong when it's based on actual experiance with it on both xb1 and ps3 side by side. Apparently a lot of other people share that opinion hence the large boost in sales for ps4. Meanwhile others are so desperate to blindly defend Xb1 that they will say just about anything whether it's true or provable or not. Yeah Xb1 is slightly better than the ps3 version but you are kidding yourself if you think it looks more like the ps4 version than the ps3 version especially when it has many of the same issues as ps3. 

Same goes with me for XO and ps4 version. both me and my brother got 55 inch tvs and we couldn't find any differences between the two. This is my personal experience with the versions myself as i have seen a with my own ees and played them both as well. In terms of compariosn between the ps3 and XO i useed DF which is what most people fall back to when it comes to comparisons as they tend to know there stuff Quite well.  I take a professional opinion from DF over a gamer opinion anyday.  Even ign comparison video failed to show the huge difference which you claim  to have. 

No the same does not go with you..You cannot sit here and say you didn't notice any real difference when a few posts ago you described several real noticible differences on the xb1 version that you have seen yourself. You cannot change your story simply to fit your needs. In reality there is a real noticible difference in quality between ps4 and Xb1, a difference you've admitted to seeing before. In that same reality those difference between ps3 and xb1 are not as noticible becuase they have 720p and are known to have the same tearing issues, same quality of textures and occassionally have the same frame rate drops.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

BeElite said:
dane007 said:

"Anyone who wants to get the most out of their money chooses PS4." Again thats your opinion not fact. 

Actaully it is fact bud.

Best hardware for least amount of money

Most f2p games

Plus has given out way more free games then Live.

Lets add X1 controller lacks rechargable batteries and you need an adapter to use your own headset.  (together extra 50$)

price is no longer an advantage for ps4.  but still has specs advantage.   ps4 controller only last 6 hours whereas XO xontroller with recharegable pack lasts 50 and even more with batteries. i rather pay a bit more and get more out of it per charge  then being constantly interrupted with a message saying controller ran out of  batteries. to get the rechargeable pack is cheap.  "Plus has given out way more free games then Live."  are you comapreing psn plus ps4 and XO xbox live or psn plus and Xbox live in general?  theres a saying when you get stuff for you  free,, you get what you pay for.  the f2p games on ps4 are terrible which i can  do without. i don't use adapter headset as the headset that comes with XO is quite good and better quality in both sound quality and design over ps4. i playy games using my surround speaker. never use  a gaming headset. 

Why in the past Call of Duty type 3rd party games helped the X360 more than the PS3?

Same reason now, Watch_Dogs type 3rd party game helping PS4 more than XBO

Being the best machine for 3rd party game console of choice has its huge advantages and also I think people expect more exclusives from Sony than MS based on past (X360 vs. PS3). I think the reality is the PS3 was forced to have lots of exclusives to stay competitive vs. the X360, and now the XBO will be forced to have lots of exclusives to stay competitive vs. the PS4.

At same time, Sony has less pressure to release as many expensive/risky exclusives on PS4 as it did on PS3.

Whatever console is down, tends to put more effort having exclusives, but it will take 1-2 more years before MS either delivers on having more/better exclusives or they will become far behind 1st place and lose a ton of brand equity in the process.

Around the Network

I'm only putting this here because I'm new, don't have enough post to start a new thread. But don't you find it odd that in terms of architecture for the PS4 and Xbox1, Looking at it in a car tuning standpoint, MS went the way of how Foreign car tuners go, and Sony went the American way of achieving power.
Let me clarify, Sony went with 8gb of GDDR5 ram almost equivalent to a beefy V8, that will net you alot of power on tap. and MS went the way of 8gb of DDR3, and 32 mb of eSRAM which i compare as a inline 6 with a turbo. Where performance can only be achieved by fine tuning. I know MS was looking at a "future proof" type of system. I keep hearing about how tiled design DX12 will be the future way of designing games, but if it's not the standard now, they should have went in another direction.

dane007 said:
in my opinion i think xbox one has more exclusives to choose from and play while with ps4, you only have KZ , knack , ISS and gamers was waiting fora big blockbuster game which was watchdogs. and the other reason could possibly be because of marketing as it was mainly focussed on the ps4 version

Please name these exclusives. Please

BuckStud said:
Raziel123 said:

in your opinion

Not in mine and not in many others apparently.

As of what's out this very minute, you would have to be a blind specific console fan to not acknowledge that the Wii U has the best exclusives available to purchase today out of the three 8th gen systems.

Yes, everyone that doesn't agree with you is blind. Guess I better start changing my preferences to games that I don't like so I can agree with you. 

Max King of the Wild said:
dane007 said:
in my opinion i think xbox one has more exclusives to choose from and play while with ps4, you only have KZ , knack , ISS and gamers was waiting fora big blockbuster game which was watchdogs. and the other reason could possibly be because of marketing as it was mainly focussed on the ps4 version

Please name these exclusives. Please

I find that seriously funny considering ps4 currently has more high quality f2p exclusives than xbox has exclusives :P Which doesn't even factor in the pay for tripple A titles.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Ucell said:
Conina said:
dane007 said:
in my opinion i think xbox one has more exclusives to choose from and play while with ps4, you only have KZ , knack , ISS and gamers was waiting fora big blockbuster game which was watchdogs.

Okay, which are the big XBO exclusives? Forza 5 and ...?

Titanfall: not exclusive

Dead Rising 3: not exclusive

PvZ: Garden Warfare: not exclusive

DR3 is an X1 exclusive but like the other ones its nowhere near Infamous: Second Son in terms of quality.

Nope, DR3 is no longer exclusive.