By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll tell you why Nintendo fans are so excited over 1 week's worth of sales.

I am very happy to see Nintendo have this success. They needed it badly. But lets hold off until we see this happen month after month. When that happens, then we can all collectively pop wood.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

nomad said:
Come on guys, just let Nintendo fans be happy about something..

They had an entire generation to be happy, its their turn now.

Also, more to be happy about: Mario Kart 8 is still up there in Amazon's best seller and it looks like

Wonderful 101 got a decent boost, temporarily bumping it up higher than Watch Dogs (PS4).

pics or it didn't happen

here (Yea, i know it's just amazon): http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Aww, the Nintendoom wont stop, oh well, I guess I'll just have switch sides. PS4 is so wesome, go Microsoft!! 

nomad said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

nomad said:
Come on guys, just let Nintendo fans be happy about something..

They had an entire generation to be happy, its their turn now.

Also, more to be happy about: Mario Kart 8 is still up there in Amazon's best seller and it looks like

Wonderful 101 got a decent boost, temporarily bumping it up higher than Watch Dogs (PS4).

pics or it didn't happen

here (Yea, i know it's just amazon): http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Aww, the Nintendoom wont stop, oh well, I guess I'll just have switch sides. PS4 is so wesome, go Microsoft!! 

I don't understand that W101 boost, maybe its working as a cheap side boost to MK8.

Also, you don't have to switch sides if you don't pick one.

#GodMulti-PlatformOwningSuperiorRace

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
reggin_bolas said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
reggin_bolas said:
OP makes a fair point. I think Wii U will be at 14 million sold at the end of the year and effectively dethrone the PS4. We'll see at least 1 million units moved as a result of MK8 this month and the momentum will just pick up towards the holidays.

Today is June 7, 2014.

The year ends December 31, 2014.

There are 6 months, 25 days, and 30 minutes remaining.

The WIi U will need 7.3 million sales in the next ~7 months for this to happen. 

The Wii U will need to sell a no less then a million a month, selling more this year than the past 2 years combined.

Sorry, sounds like bullshit.

Completely realistic with E3 bringing hype from games like Metroid and Zelda. Also, MK8 is easily pushing 1 million in the first month just by itself. Just imagine with the stellar fall lineup leading up to Smash. Smash could potentially move 2-3 mil hardware by itself the first month. It's going to be huge. 

Mk8 will sell better than smash, what exactly is the stellar line up leading to Smash btw?

I've gotta agree with this, MK8 will sell better than Smash, at least in the short term. I say this because MK8 appeals more to casual gamers and it had very little competition when it came out, which I believe is also one of the reasons Watch Dogs sold so well, no competition in the month of May. Where as in the holiday season, you have to deal with everything Sony/Microsoft have to offer on top of all the yearly triple AAA titles like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and the new IP in Destiny. Plus let's not forget the rumored GTA V for next gen and PC.

Having said that, I think Super Smash will still sell quite well, just not as well, once again I am speaking short term. For all we know Smash is gonna be a major hit and become popular in the E-Sport scene which could help it eventually grab the #1 Wii U title spot.

Yeah wtf at W101 lol. Though I am happy to see it because while it wasn't perfectly polished like a Nintendo first party game, it has all the creativity you'd expect from Platinum.

My guess is people are finally getting into the Wii U more and actually want to have more than one or two games lol.

Edit:

W101 sold out at Gamestop too? Can someone check that for me?

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
Nintendo will always be number 1 regardless of position!

very true. Even if N64 GameCube and Wii U aren't at the top of their generation in sales, they're always the top in games.

"It's different this time" springs to mind. I am going to cross my fingers for but not hold my breath right now.

My 8th gen collection

I think it is funny how nervous PS homers are getting. I mean Nintendo keeps coming up with fresh ideas and all Sony does is throw millions of dollars into T.V. advertising for 3rd party games. Nintendo has a great 3 days and people just can't let us enjoy it.

Banned - Kantor

The Wii U was saved by the dishonesty and shady business practices of 3rd Parties and Microsoft.

Yes, Iwata was right. One game can turn things around. But in terms of the entire 8th Gen Home Console Market, Microsofts failure to capitalize on their 7th Gen success is almost as large a tectonic shift as the Wii was last gen.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

DolPhanTendo said:
I think it is funny how nervous PS homers are getting. I mean Nintendo keeps coming up with fresh ideas and all Sony does is throw millions of dollars into T.V. advertising for 3rd party games. Nintendo has a great 3 days and people just can't let us enjoy it.

Nobody is nervous, the PS3 had a bad generation and the PS4 was predicted to fail horribly by a lot of so called Nintendo Fans. So I don't think its a suprise to say that some are still salty about that.

Just because this is the first time a system seller has actually been "succesful" on the Wii U, doesn't mean that all of a sudden thing are going to change.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank