By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Borderlands 2 on Vita - Frame rate is a disaster!

The devs should have just turned off the outlining-of-objects graphical effect. On PC this doubles performance, and it still maintains the same look (Though a bit clearer).

Around the Network

i would never buy this for vita its horrible, vita can do much more

how dare publishers spit out titles like this

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

BlowoverKing said:
There's supposed to be a performance patch coming soon so hopefully that helps. I made it to Sanctuary perfectly fine but now that I know theres a patch coming I'm going to hold off playing until it come out. With a little more polish before release it would have been considered a great port, graphically it looks quite good.

I wouldn't be surprised if they patch it to acceptable levels honestly.  The game seemed like it was rushed out the door to be included in a bundle.  Given a couple extra months I am sure they can make it perform just fine.

Barozi said:
that's what happens when you try to port a console game to a handheld, even if the handheld is one generation ahead.
They probably couldn't downgrade it any further or it would've looked like a PS2 game.

I remember the thread where people compared screenshots of the Vita, PS3, 360 and PC version and some said the Vita version would look superior or very very close to the 360 edition...

Seriously? Several other games have been ported to Vita and held up better than this. I think this is an issue of poor optimization. As was God of War on Vita.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Captain_Tom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they patch it to acceptable levels honestly.  The game seemed like it was rushed out the door to be included in a bundle.  Given a couple extra months I am sure they can make it perform just fine.

That would be great... but unlikely. Performance improvments are generally minor.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Odd bump for this thread but I just picked up a copy of Borderlands 2 considering I'd never played it before and I seen it rated around the same as the Resistance game which I loved/platinumed on the Vita.... I gotta say as someone who has never seen/played borderlands 2 before I think it's a pretty amazing game on the Vita, for a handheld to have such an open massive and pretty damn content filled fps/rpg on it is really amazing.

Just putting it out there, if you've played it on the PC and love your 60fps / 4k resolution obviously stay away from what is clearly going to be an inferior port when it goes to a dinky handheld but if you've not been spoiled by other versions and you want something to shoot up on the vita with some pretty damn funny humour this game is definitely to be considered imo.

Ignorance is bliss haha.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I just bought the Vita version 3 days ago. I also played the PC version on max, with absolutely no framerate issues (as its a game that does not have high PC requirements).

My 2 cents on the issue: the Vita version is by far the worse to have, but the only one that is portable. The framerate dips aren't that common, and the game is playable. The control scheme needs to be remapped, I certainly did it, but after tweaking it for a few minutes I finally managed to get a good one. Also there is a stability/remap patch coming out so that should fix some complaints. Also it has all the DLC as far as I know so the $/value of the game is pretty good.

All in all the only thing that brings it down is the stability issue, but again, the ones shown in the video are the extreme cases, and usually the game is fluid enough. Its nowhere near the quality of the PC version, but then it can fit in your pocket. The 65 meta it has is a pretty accurate depiction of what you should expect. Portable, playable but not perfect.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Also it has all the DLC as far as I know so the $/value of the game is pretty good.

It has less than half the dlc...

gergroy said:
hunter_alien said:
Also it has all the DLC as far as I know so the $/value of the game is pretty good.

It has less than half the dlc...

My bad, I only had the base game on the PC and I never finished that one so I never looked into the DLC. I only remembered the devs aiming for the full set of DLC, it seems that it didnt made it to the final version. Never the less, you still get 8-10 hours of extra gameplay for the already long 30+ hour campaign, that has to count for something

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I just bought the Vita version 3 days ago. I also played the PC version on max, with absolutely no framerate issues (as its a game that does not have high PC requirements).

My 2 cents on the issue: the Vita version is by far the worse to have, but the only one that is portable. The framerate dips aren't that common, and the game is playable. The control scheme needs to be remapped, I certainly did it, but after tweaking it for a few minutes I finally managed to get a good one. Also there is a stability/remap patch coming out so that should fix some complaints. Also it has all the DLC as far as I know so the $/value of the game is pretty good.

All in all the only thing that brings it down is the stability issue, but again, the ones shown in the video are the extreme cases, and usually the game is fluid enough. Its nowhere near the quality of the PC version, but then it can fit in your pocket. The 65 meta it has is a pretty accurate depiction of what you should expect. Portable, playable but not perfect.

Would you ever be able to imagine what you would score it on metacritic if it was a game which hadn't been on other systems? Just as a standalone game which came out only for the vita with the amount of content it has (I got it new for 15euros in gamestop here in Ireland btw, they've already reduced it in their summer sale if any of my potatoe wielding brethren want to get a copy of it) This is the way I'm playing the game for the first time and yeah to me it is a pretty amazing game to have such a low score on metacritic, I feel that if you'd never played the game before you might be put off buying it on the Vita because of the low metascore, tis a shame really.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive