By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

Sorry xbone but wii u is going to be getting a lot of boosts this year.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
I don't think it's just one good week. I think it's the fact that the timing of this week and the windfall of a meme being born has really put Nintendo in a good place. The rest of the 2014 lineup looks pretty amazing and fairly varied for a change. All it would take for Nintendo to blow the Xbone straight out of the water is the reveal of Zelda U and Retro's new Metroid at E3.

Not that it really matters. Nintendo's audience usually has negligible overlap with Sony or MS and neither one of those systems will really affect Wii U sales. Nintendo is the only one that can kill or save Nintendo. I seriously doubt the Xbone's going to corner the market on Platformers and Kart games lol.

I'll say that PS4 is Xbone's biggest obstacle to being #2, because while Sony's working them over in sales and multiplats, Nintendo can do whatever the hell it wants.

I completely agree. But also keep in mind that all the best games for ps4 and Xbox are coming at least on 2014. the only game that can sale systems is destiny for the remainder of the year, while the wii u has planed hyrule warriors, bayoneta 2, x, smash bros. all o this influence holiday sales witch will give great boost. 

Still believe the ps4 will be on top, but the Xbox with just sunset overdrive and removed kinect(not a price drop) will not see a lot of light.

Year end

PS4 ~ 14

Wii U ~ 10

XBOX ONE ~ 6.5

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I'm so bookmarking this thread, end of year is gonna be funny.

PS4....not even a contest really....Wii U has had many "system sellers" I don't think anything coming later this year will be as big as MK8. Not saying the Wii U does not have any more games coming just none that will have the impact that MK8 has had in my opinion anyway. As far as a prediction goes:

PS4 12-14 mil

XB1 8-10 mil

Wii U 7-9 mil

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

eva01beserk said:
Experimental42 said:
I don't think it's just one good week. I think it's the fact that the timing of this week and the windfall of a meme being born has really put Nintendo in a good place. The rest of the 2014 lineup looks pretty amazing and fairly varied for a change. All it would take for Nintendo to blow the Xbone straight out of the water is the reveal of Zelda U and Retro's new Metroid at E3.

Not that it really matters. Nintendo's audience usually has negligible overlap with Sony or MS and neither one of those systems will really affect Wii U sales. Nintendo is the only one that can kill or save Nintendo. I seriously doubt the Xbone's going to corner the market on Platformers and Kart games lol.

I'll say that PS4 is Xbone's biggest obstacle to being #2, because while Sony's working them over in sales and multiplats, Nintendo can do whatever the hell it wants.

I completely agree. But also keep in mind that all the best games for ps4 and Xbox are coming at least on 2014. the only game that can sale systems is destiny for the remainder of the year, while the wii u has planed hyrule warriors, bayoneta 2, x, smash bros. all o this influence holiday sales witch will give great boost. 

Still believe the ps4 will be on top, but the Xbox with just sunset overdrive and removed kinect(not a price drop) will not see a lot of light.

Year end

PS4 ~ 14

Wii U ~ 10

XBOX ONE ~ 6.5

Previously the entry price for XB1 was $499, now it's $399. It's going to have the same effect as a price drop. Second, you expect only 2m from now to years end? It'll do that in US Nov+ Dec.

Thirdly, Halo Collection and Sunset along with multiplats will sell more xboxes than Smash will sell WiiU's. You want proof? Go look at the last 9 months, multiplats aren't exclusively helping PS4.

Around the Network

Duking it out as much as an ant dukes it out with a boot.

Ehh duking it out implies matched opponents, this they are not. Its been PS4 ktfo wiiu each round till this one where U managed to merely get beaten 10/9, next one its back to normal.

For U to be legit comp to the PS4 rest of the year it would need 3rd parties, this they don't have.

I can't believe after 1 week of decent sales this thread is made..

Seece said:
eva01beserk said:
Experimental42 said:

Year end

PS4 ~ 14

Wii U ~ 10

XBOX ONE ~ 6.5

Previously the entry price for XB1 was $499, now it's $399. It's going to have the same effect as a price drop. Second, you expect only 2m from now to years end? It'll do that in US Nov+ Dec.

Thirdly, Halo Collection and Sunset along with multiplats will sell more xboxes than Smash will sell WiiU's. You want proof? Go look at the last 9 months, multiplats aren't exclusively helping PS4.

just tell me again how big of a boost watch dogs gave the xbox. multy plats will only help in the US, that will not do much.

But i do agree that was a typo on my part for the 6.5 i meant 7.5 but im new :P

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Wow, I don't even like the Wii U and I'm happy for it. Too bad it didn't get first place this week.

I plan to get one for Smash, only because of megaman & sonic. And, Sonic Lost World, or whatever it's called. And, maybe more stuff too, I mean, I'm sure I'm not going to just buy two games for the thing. But, I don't have PS4 yet, and I'm not getting PS4, until I can enjoy mirror's edge, and hopefully Tekken too.