By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

I don't think it's just one good week. I think it's the fact that the timing of this week and the windfall of a meme being born has really put Nintendo in a good place. The rest of the 2014 lineup looks pretty amazing and fairly varied for a change. All it would take for Nintendo to blow the Xbone straight out of the water is the reveal of Zelda U and Retro's new Metroid at E3.

Not that it really matters. Nintendo's audience usually has negligible overlap with Sony or MS and neither one of those systems will really affect Wii U sales. Nintendo is the only one that can kill or save Nintendo. I seriously doubt the Xbone's going to corner the market on Platformers and Kart games lol.

I'll say that PS4 is Xbone's biggest obstacle to being #2, because while Sony's working them over in sales and multiplats, Nintendo can do whatever the hell it wants.

Around the Network

To behonest, there aren't much heavy hits this year for PS4, only Destiny comes in my mind right now. The Order and so on are all delayed. Only Call of Duty maybe and the new Battlefield. But titles like Smash bros, X and Co can do the thing for Wii u, so I predict that Wii U will sell more THIS year. Don# forget, mario Kart 8 is out and will be a system seiller this christmas, too ! Not Numbers from me, sorry

"Duking it out?" Seriously? On the basis of the first week sales of Mario Kart? At best, the Wii U will see a sales bump for maybe 2-3 weeks. After that, the remainder of 2014 will probably be best described as the PS4 beating the Wii U over the head from bell to bell.

Don't agree? Just take a look at the sales projections from Nintendo and SCE.

cheshirescat said:
PS4-A lot
Wii U-A lot less

Pretty much this

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

greenmedic88 said:
"Duking it out?" Seriously? On the basis of the first week sales of Mario Kart? At best, the Wii U will see a sales bump for maybe 2-3 weeks. After that, the remainder of 2014 will probably be best described as the PS4 beating the Wii U over the head from bell to bell.

Don't agree? Just take a look at the sales projections from Nintendo and SCE.

You beat me to it.

lets revisit this after the MK8 hype train passes.

I think xbo will be selling better after they get some halo games out and no kinect sku out in a week or so.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
I don't think it's just one good week. I think it's the fact that the timing of this week and the windfall of a meme being born has really put Nintendo in a good place. The rest of the 2014 lineup looks pretty amazing and fairly varied for a change. All it would take for Nintendo to blow the Xbone straight out of the water is the reveal of Zelda U and Retro's new Metroid at E3.

Not that it really matters. Nintendo's audience usually has negligible overlap with Sony or MS and neither one of those systems will really affect Wii U sales. Nintendo is the only one that can kill or save Nintendo. I seriously doubt the Xbone's going to corner the market on Platformers and Kart games lol.

I'll say that PS4 is Xbone's biggest obstacle to being #2, because while Sony's working them over in sales and multiplats, Nintendo can do whatever the hell it wants.

A meme...really? Most memes die within a week and just because people on the internet make funny gifs about a game doesn't mean that the real world cares, go to reddits r/gaming (where, aside from gaf, alot of these things get big) sometime, that place could make you believe that Nintendo sells 300k+ systems every week with how much they celebrate Nintendo and as we all know the reality looks very different.

I think it will be very close. With Bayonetta 2, X, Super Smash Bros WiiU, Hyrule Warriors and all the others I think WiiU can sell almost 10 million this year!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Mario Kart hype is making some people dream.

Shortiloe said:
To behonest, there aren't much heavy hits this year for PS4, only Destiny comes in my mind right now. The Order and so on are all delayed. Only Call of Duty maybe and the new Battlefield. But titles like Smash bros, X and Co can do the thing for Wii u, so I predict that Wii U will sell more THIS year. Don# forget, mario Kart 8 is out and will be a system seiller this christmas, too ! Not Numbers from me, sorry

You really believe Wii u will sell more than ps4? Really?

No, this isn't truly a question worth asking. PS4 won this generation easily, and will probably be on top in every year for as long as the generation lasts.

PS4 itself isn't even really as terrific as people here make you believe, but the rest is actually just shy of terrible. The best we can hope for is that Mario Kart will have enough legs and that together with the rest of the games coming this year they will raise WiiU's baseline to at least something decent. Realistically I say the WiiU has a shot second place at least, it'll take the XBox One almost an eternity to catch WiiU at this pace already (ignoring this weeks Mario Kart bump of course).