By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 & Wii U duking it out. End of 2K14 sales prediction Thread.

Wii U total 2014 sales - 4,200,000

PS4 total 2014 sales - 12,200,000

Xbox One total 2014 sales - 6,700,000

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
spemanig said:
BeElite said:

Its reality PS4 won the only question now is by how much.  Not really Sonys doing, their comp just massivly screwd up and there is no fixing those mistakes to achieve #1.  No one game cant, its pretty much common sense that one game will never appeal to enough of the marlet for it to change eeverything.

Wii Sports. Nintendogs. Brain Age. Super Mario Bros. Is that a joke? I don't think the Wii U will surpass the PS4, because I think Nintendo will pull out a successor in 2016, but if the PS3 could pull ahead of the 360 after nearly three years of atrocious sales, the XBO could definitely pull back ahead of the PS4 in the same way.

But the PS3 was selling at a rate FASTER than that of the 360 from the moment it came to the market. The Wii U has not come close to the rate the PS4 is doing right now. The PS4 would LITERALLY have to disapper from existence in order for the Wii U all of a sudden start and continue pacing in front of it. And on top of that the PS4 is doing all of this WITHOUT any of its really big exclusive games while the Wii U has been out for a year and has way more exclusives out right now. I just can not see anyway for the Wii U to pull this gen...it is the cheapest by far, has the most and highest rated exclusive games and has been out the longest and yet it is already losing to teh PS4 and the XB1 is steadily gaining ground on it as well.

I am not one of the PS4 has already won this gen people either because I know things change but as it stands the XB1 has a better chance at beating the PS4 this generation thant he Wii U. And even that seems unlikely with the current state of the US market and the sheer dominace of European market by Sony rigt now. And even the Japan market. It really does look like the only way Sony can lose this gen is if they beat themselves by doing something EXTREMELY stupid.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PS4= 17.000.000
Wii U=10.500.000
XO= 8.500.000

PS4 - At least 10 million (14.2 million+)
Wii U - At least 5 million (10.5 million+)

PS: 15K
Wii U : 11K (if all things go well....if not......just about 10K.)

Around the Network

17M
12M
total by 2014 end.

TheBlackNaruto said:
spemanig said:
BeElite said:

Its reality PS4 won the only question now is by how much.  Not really Sonys doing, their comp just massivly screwd up and there is no fixing those mistakes to achieve #1.  No one game cant, its pretty much common sense that one game will never appeal to enough of the marlet for it to change eeverything.

Wii Sports. Nintendogs. Brain Age. Super Mario Bros. Is that a joke? I don't think the Wii U will surpass the PS4, because I think Nintendo will pull out a successor in 2016, but if the PS3 could pull ahead of the 360 after nearly three years of atrocious sales, the XBO could definitely pull back ahead of the PS4 in the same way.

But the PS3 was selling at a rate FASTER than that of the 360 from the moment it came to the market. The Wii U has not come close to the rate the PS4 is doing right now. The PS4 would LITERALLY have to disapper from existence in order for the Wii U all of a sudden start and continue pacing in front of it. And on top of that the PS4 is doing all of this WITHOUT any of its really big exclusive games while the Wii U has been out for a year and has way more exclusives out right now. I just can not see anyway for the Wii U to pull this gen...it is the cheapest by far, has the most and highest rated exclusive games and has been out the longest and yet it is already losing to teh PS4 and the XB1 is steadily gaining ground on it as well.

I am not one of the PS4 has already won this gen people either because I know things change but as it stands the XB1 has a better chance at beating the PS4 this generation thant he Wii U. And even that seems unlikely with the current state of the US market and the sheer dominace of European market by Sony rigt now. And even the Japan market. It really does look like the only way Sony can lose this gen is if they beat themselves by doing something EXTREMELY stupid.

I already said I think the Wii U will be succeeded in 2016. I think it's the XBO that still has a chance.

Wii U will probably be doubled by ps4 at the end of the year

I think people are overreacting quite a bit. This is quite possibly the Wii U's biggest release, considering MK Wii sold 33 mill + , so it should have the biggest impact by far.
As far as the 'duking' goes, the fact that this is the only week that the U has even come close to ps4, that too on the back of its biggest release says it all. So  lets keep things in perspective people.

spemanig said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I already said I think the Wii U will be succeeded in 2016. I think it's the XBO that still has a chance.

Oh I know I was saying if the Wii U stayed without being replaced it would still have no chance to surpass the PS4 at this point.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23