By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think we'll see a PS4 price drop at E3?

Price drop?

Yes 38 13.43%

No 220 77.74%

They should increase the price 25 8.83%

Total:283

Nope. The PS4 is profitable so that's great news for them. Also, I think Sony is fine with Microsoft matching their price. They just won't let them undercut them.

Around the Network

No, droping the price would be insane. The PS4 price is pretty good. I think they will drop the price to 350 in late 2015 or early 2016. Whenever they design the secoond generation PS4 the price for the first will drop. At E3 they need to annouce some more Vita stuff. They need to worried a little but more about the vita. The sells for that isnt too good to me. They might annouce a bundle that includes a PS Vita with PS4 and a crossplay game.

We Are One

Well, think it is a possibility. I mean, even the ps3 was selling 180k per week after launch, but the ps4 up until this week, was barely above 100k. It started hot, but fizzled out quite abit. I think Sony really needs more than 100 k per week, and watch dogs won't keep it at this weeks level for long. A price drop may do it though. I do think it's unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

No.

I doubt this would happen but it would be quite the E3 surprise! I think they'll bundle a game in first, though.

Around the Network

PS4 is a massive commercial success, so I'm not expecting a price drop until October 2015 at the earliest.

Justagamer said:
Well, think it is a possibility. I mean, even the ps3 was selling 180k per week after launch, but the ps4 up until this week, was barely above 100k. It started hot, but fizzled out quite abit. I think Sony really needs more than 100 k per week, and watch dogs won't keep it at this weeks level for long. A price drop may do it though. I do think it's unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

The ps3 was selling 60k a week through its first summer often dipping into the 50s.  The ps4 dipped under 100k once in its second week due to suppy constraints.  A small price cut could be a proactive move to seal the xbone's fate but there's really no reason to drop the price right now, less than a year after launch, when they're the industry leader.  If the kinectless xbone picks up steam and starts cutting into the bottom line however, that's another story.

Nope. If anything they might just start selling 1TB models for $399 and let retailers discount the 500gb models.

Only way I would see this happening is if they start selling an economic smaller HDD model for a bit cheaper. As it is theres no point dropping the price since its selling so well.

I would quite like that since I doubt I will ever need 500gb just for games...unless they all install 50gb files, lol.

They will if somehow they have driven costs down to the point they will still break even.

Sales wise there is no need, they should already be looking to the holidays factoring in expected bumps form big releases then add in max pro capability and will they have 5/7m stock for oct/nov/dec