By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think we'll see a PS4 price drop at E3?

Price drop?

Yes 38 13.43%

No 220 77.74%

They should increase the price 25 8.83%

Total:283

why would they? It is selling well and they finally started making a profit off of it

Around the Network

Not dropping it keeps profits higher, but it won't be as competitively priced against the Xbox One, since that's having a Kinectless version for the same price as the PS4.

I'd stick with not dropping it for now. It's only been about 7 months, and It's already selling well.

Nope. If at all they were going to do that it would be announced at Gamscon in august closer to the fall season. If they really want to prioritize rapidly increasing market share (which I think they should) then they should drop the price by $100 this fall to $299. With making a profit on every PS4 sold, PS+ revenue and being the preferred multiplat console, they can definitely afford it. But, they wouldn't.

It would hurt their pockets... It just doesn't make any sense with such a commanding lead and positive momentum

I would love a price drop since I'm waiting for a drop before I buy the ps4 but unfortunately too many games on the Wii u coming out I may not even get it this year either because I'll be strapped for cash. If they dropped  it now I would get it in a heartbeat but the longer they wait the less money I'll have.

Around the Network

I see your point and it wouldn't be a bad idea but I don't think they would.

Sony would be stupid to cut the price when it's doing so well.

Hell no! That would be stupid. You don't throw money away like that when your beating your competitors. Regardless of the success you have selling, it could also be considered a weakness by thinking you have to lower the price because you assume Microsoft will outsell you at the same price point.

Very doubtful. If anything, we'll see bundles. The PS4 is doing way too well to need a price drop.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I think they will just add a free ps4 game like infamous or some other game to entice more people away from $400 xbone