By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think we'll see a PS4 price drop at E3?

Price drop?

Yes 38 13.43%

No 220 77.74%

They should increase the price 25 8.83%

Total:283

Now it is a bit unprecedented for a console selling as well as the PS4 to get a price drop this early, but Kaz did say he cares more about marketshare than profit for the system. And the more PS4s they sell the more they make off of software and PS+. There's also the added benefit of kneecapping Microsoft's plan for price parity by releasing the Kinect-less SKU. With a fairly weak exclusive lineup this year, a price drop could be what keeps Sony top dog in the US. 

Thoughts?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

No.

/thread

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

No. Would be stupid of Sony to do so, when it's selling so well at the current price.

When they're struggling this hard to supply the demand? Are you high?

Mystro-Sama said:

Lmao demand is supplied brother, there are no more shortages in the US. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Absolutely not. How long did they wait to do it on PSvita? Do they need it at all? The earliest they would do a price drop is NEXT E3 methinks. They will bundle a game this holiday other than that look for the normal $400 for a baseline model. The most I could see at this E3 would be a hard drive increase on all future PS4 models (750gb-1tb)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Hell no... The only other choice that the people that want a ps4 have is x1 and even though x1 is $399, its still weaker so really, I don't think they need a price cut way later

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nope. It would be a silly decision if they did that.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Absolutely not, there is no reason too cut the price when the PS4 is selling this well.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Fusioncode said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Lmao demand is supplied brother, there are no more shortages in the US. 

Yes, but at the rate which they're being sold i'm sure if an exclusive comes out now it would quickly go out of stock. Factories are no doubt being stressed.