By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think we'll see a PS4 price drop at E3?

Price drop?

Yes 38 13.43%

No 220 77.74%

They should increase the price 25 8.83%

Total:283

No.

Would be epic though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

no,it's 2 early and it doesn't make sense at the moment.

The earliest I'd think a price drop would happen is at TGS this year. A drop is possible but I'd say unlikely.

Before they had a huge edge in perceived value. Now it is a marginal edge. While a 50 dollar cut hurts profit now, it could be a knockout punch which would lead to much higher profits that the 50 they lost now. It does not matter if the PS4 is selling well now the lost opportunity profits MS could get back may be a huge dollar figure over 5 years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

i wouldnt be shocked if they did, but at the same time i dont think they will,  the only reason to drop the price is to take any thunder from MS that they may have with the X1 "pricedrop"  and i used quotes cause its not technically a price drop its a Kinect drop, with price adjusted accordingly.  i will say this i would be shocked if they did drop it anymore then 50$ though, if they did something of 100$ kiss the X1 goodbye for hte most part, 300$ PS4 would pretty much annihilate the X1 in sales

Around the Network

No need for it. The price drop should be reserved for a better timing.

If they will do a price cut it will be at Gamescom not E3 ,Sony could see how much xbox one price cut will help it and if they feel like xbox one with star selling better then PS4 constantly they will do a small price cut

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

In 2015 maybe.