By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so many Wii U doom threads when Vita is in worse condition

More doomed

Wii U 133 25.14%

PS Vita 395 74.67%

Total:528
gamemaster4747 said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

What is up with this? Deny it all you want, the Wii U is in better shape than the Vita. Check the sales, Wii U outsold it last year despite having little to no games, and even though it is currently being outpaced by the Vita it should pass it up soon due to the fact it has at least a little hope. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, X, Retro's new IP, and whatever else Nintendo has brewing up should help Wii U pass the Vita soon. I wouldn't be suprised if it did before the end of this year.

Well, Vita is more of a side system than Wii U. Wii U is Nintendo's major 8th generation system. Wii U will have more Mario, Mario, Zelda, and Mario. At least Vita has some 3rd party support and indie games to look forward to. I don't have either, but I would rather have a Vita than Wii U.

If ya can ya should probably try to get both. As I said before Wii U's browser and controller are great for TV if you use hosting sites. It looks no different than cable on TV if ya use the right hosting sites.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

Because nobody is jealous of Vita games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Nicklesbe said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

something about rules and exceptions

if it happens every day or every other day especially from the same person or group of people it's not an exception to a rule...it is the rule.
There is too much consistancy and quantity of it happaning. Again the reality of what happens on here is much different from what you claim.

good thing that doesn't happen

Anyways, this is way longer than I care to discuss Vita. I hope my post helped, OP.

This is exactly the irrationality I was talking about that makes all nintendo fans look bad. Check his post history..It happens every day. Just because you say it doesn't happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Especially when multiple people can attest to the fact that it happens every day.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

What's a wii u?

StarOcean said:
Sounds like the OP is really saying: "Hey, guys stop making fun of the Wii U! It hurts my feelings... STOP!... uh.. uh.. look over there! See? The Vita is doing worse , make fun of that cuz I dont like that. But leave me and my Wii U alone :'("

Needs a Chris Crocker meme.

Around the Network

Because nobody cares about the Vita. Not being facetious, but that's the fact. Sony in particular and the industry in general don't change too much if the Vita is a failure. On the other hand, Nintendo's home console failing has bigger ramifications for the company and the industry.

Twilord said:
Because the Wii-U can still slaughter the Xbox, and even if the stars align, fight the PS4 to the bitter end... The Vita isn't gonna overtake the 3DS.

I dont think the Wii-U could ever slaughter the Xbone.

HEMSTAR said:
Twilord said:
Because the Wii-U can still slaughter the Xbox, and even if the stars align, fight the PS4 to the bitter end... The Vita isn't gonna overtake the 3DS.

I dont think the Wii-U could ever slaughter the Xbone.

Admittedly I do think it'll be a close battle and that its impossible to tell who'll come out on top; my point was that a part of it is that Xbox fans realize that the Wii-U actually is still a challenger to them (especially if Sony continues to pull ahead because the Wii-U is much more sensible secondary console by many standards) and PERHAPS so do some extremely pessimistic Sony fans... whereas the Vita seems to pose no such threat. - Unless Nintendo skip Metroid, Smash Bros somehow sucks horrifically, Zelda is done with stick figures, X ends up an incoherent glitch-fest, Fatal Frame goes against Nintendo's commitment to localization, and almost every game I haven't mentioned becomes a 7/10 average or vapourware I really think Nintendo will be the second-place console (unless there is a shockingly even divide between the other two, then its a coin-flip of first or last).

(Well, unless pairing it with the PS4 works out absurdly well for Vita - maybe it will because honestly the gaming masses as of late are beyond my comprehension.)

Because there are many ways to bash Nintendo. This is just one of them.

gamemaster4747 said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

What is up with this? Deny it all you want, the Wii U is in better shape than the Vita. Check the sales, Wii U outsold it last year despite having little to no games, and even though it is currently being outpaced by the Vita it should pass it up soon due to the fact it has at least a little hope. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, X, Retro's new IP, and whatever else Nintendo has brewing up should help Wii U pass the Vita soon. I wouldn't be suprised if it did before the end of this year.

Well, Vita is more of a side system than Wii U. Wii U is Nintendo's major 8th generation system. Wii U will have more Mario, Mario, Zelda, and Mario. At least Vita has some 3rd party support and indie games to look forward to. I don't have either, but I would rather have a Vita than Wii U.

I don't really agree with that assessment.  The PS Vita is as much of a system as the Wii U is.  The PS Vita may not seem like it because it is a handheld system and Sony also doesn't have much history with handhelds given they only had the PSP before.  That doesn't change the fact that the PS Vita actually is something Sony had invested a good bit into.  

Also, your view of the Wii U sounds like you don't own Nintendo systems.  Also, not sure if you noticed or not, but not as many Western 3rd party developers exist for handhelds than for home consoles.  If you had a choice between Wii U and the PS Vita, it wouldn't be about "Mario, Zelda" vs "3rd party support."  It would be about whether or not you are into handheld gaming or console gaming more, or very specific exclusives.