By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Annouced 1.2mil Sales for MK8 is Shipped! UPDATE: Nintendo Most LIKELY Means Sold! VGC Has MK8 Slightly Overtracked, Details Inside

So thoughts?

Definitely Sold! 203 62.08%

Definitely Shipped 23 7.03%

Most likely Sold 57 17.43%

Most likely Shipped 16 4.89%

Either Way 6 1.83%

Shipped but very high sold Through! 20 6.12%

Total:325

Sold, I've read somewhere that 1.2m players are playing the game and that can't be happening if that number is only shipped.

Around the Network

Nintendo numbers:
Software: physical (sold) + digital
Hardware: shipped

It's most likely sold+digital! You guys can wait until NPD if you are really that unsure!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The number being "Based on Nintendo's internal sales figures." makes me think that it is indeed sold-through.

ioi said:

Sold through to consumers (including digital), why would people think it is shipped? They probably shipped close to 2m units worldwide to cover the first few weeks of demand.

Thank you! Now this pointless discussion shall end here.

Around the Network

Either way that is an amazing launch considering how limited the Wii U base is

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

ioi said:

Sold through to consumers (including digital), why would people think it is shipped? They probably shipped close to 2m units worldwide to cover the first few weeks of demand.

Because they are only sourcing "internal sales information" and not a tracking service. I know Nintendo uses some tracking to pull information for small European countries, but even then, they're still not entirely on their own.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'll go blind and say sold+digital...

ioi said:

Oh... good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

bananaking21 said:
wait until NPD. if VGC numbers are right for Mario Kart then i say its sold.

Yeap, the numbers are looking to high for it to be shipped. Anywayz we'll see soon enough!

Update: Looks like its true that Nintendo #s are in fact sold, But vgc slightly overtracked with MK8 numbers

★ North America Total: ???k
⇒ 480k: US
⇒   ??k: Canada+(rest of Americas)

★ Europe Total: 230k
⇒ 70k: UK   (*Pal has it over 54k)
⇒ 64k: France
⇒ 45k Germany

★ Japan Total: 325k-350k      *Rumor~ Sales with Digital is a total of 404k (Famitsu)
⇒ ??k: Rest of the World

☆ Global Total First Week: 1.13mil= Japan and US+Europe (Not Including Sunday)   *missing Rest of World+Canada