By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Annouced 1.2mil Sales for MK8 is Shipped! UPDATE: Nintendo Most LIKELY Means Sold! VGC Has MK8 Slightly Overtracked, Details Inside

So thoughts?

Definitely Sold! 203 62.08%

Definitely Shipped 23 7.03%

Most likely Sold 57 17.43%

Most likely Shipped 16 4.89%

Either Way 6 1.83%

Shipped but very high sold Through! 20 6.12%

Total:325

As per Nintendo themselves:

"Nintendo reported today that the game sold more than 1.2 million* total units across Japan, Europe and the Americas during its first weekend on the market"

Why is there even a debate about whether this is shipped or sold? The press release is identical to the announcement that Pokémon X & X sold more than 4 million during its first weekend on the market.

http://purenintendo.com/2014/06/02/nintendo-pr-mario-kart-8-sells-more-than-1-2-million-units-worldwide-over-first-weekend/

Around the Network

I'm not sure why there is an argument about sold or shipped, as almost all anecdotal evidence points to high sell-through, it not 100% sell-through. Even IF the numbers were "shipped", it would be so close due to the sell-out nature of its opening weekend that there's still no argument...

I skimmed the other thread with a similar topic, and I can't believe the efforts made to try and downplay this, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

It's either shipped with high sell-through or sold with digital included. (Actually sold+digital is the only way I'd believe the, "It was sold-through!" argument.) Either way, it's incredible. I'm pleased with MK8's performance.

Now I just hope NPD agrees with VGC...

I saw this thread and spent a long time searching for the source of your US numbers. Of course, I realize later you're using VGC. Good luck tbone.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

UK #s are from Pal and its over  54k but less than 110k. France+Germany are > UK for nintendo market.

Japan numbers out today (media create/famitsu), 480k is out for vgc (so estimate).

Edit: NPD #s will be used for US later, but all these numbers except Japan is only 2 days of sales while nintendo's is 3 days

Wait, where did you get UK numbers from?

From Pal, Neogaf as well.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I saw this thread and spent a long time searching for the source of your US numbers. Of course, I realize later you're using VGC. Good luck tbone.

lol, well i'll switch it with npd #s :P

Also 480k doesn't seem as bad of a guess seeing as Japan did about 350k FW. If its overtracked it shouldnt be more than 80k (if it is :0 )

This is all speculation of course

chapset said:
what was the initial shipping number?

it might be 1.2mil but if it is sell through then we dont kno :-/

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

lol, well i'll switch it with npd #s :P

Also 480k doesn't seem as bad of a guess seeing as Japan did about 350k FW. If its overtracked it shouldnt be more than 80k (if it is :0 )

This is all speculation of course

We'll see in a few weeks! Will be interesting what it comes out to. My original thoughts were around an 800k FW WW, but with Japan doing so well. It'll be right above a million imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

UK #s are from Pal and its over  54k but less than 110k. France+Germany are > UK for nintendo market.

Japan numbers out today (media create/famitsu), 480k is out for vgc (so estimate).

Edit: NPD #s will be used for US later, but all these numbers except Japan is only 2 days of sales while nintendo's is 3 days

So, what we have is:

Japan: 325k

UK:  50.5K < MK8 < 105K

And you deduce that 1.2M is sold through to customers?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

So, what we have is:

Japan: 325k

UK:  50.5K

And you deduce that 1.2M is sold through to customers?

No offense but there is no point in continuing to talk to you about this cuz even if i explain, you'll figure out how to spin it or simply ignore things... Srry but its true. Good bye