By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - letters to nintendo (if starfox 64 can have it, why not zelda?)

back in the day, my ps2 killed my copies of time splitters 2 and mk: deadly alliance. i feel your pain.

Around the Network

It's a first time for me... I've owned Sega CD -CD-I 3D0 a whole bunch of CD/DVD based systems and movies and music, Viva Pinata is the first disc I've ever had destroyed and 360 is the first system that decided to eat one on me..

no one in this world is cool enough to act as links voice

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

RolStoppable said:
I like Bacon said:
SF64 FTW! Zelda games do have voice acting, like: "HIYAAA!!!", "hmmph." and "AHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Let's not forget about "Hey!" and "Listen".

You missed the best one: "Hoooyyy!"

I don't really see why people keep demanding voice acting like it's that big of a deal. It's not.

Last I heard, Zelda Wii would have it, though...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I bet Zelda Wii would have it...Metroid Prime 3 had voice acting after all...it's not impossible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i dont think zelda needs voice acting,though a tougher difficulty would be good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

If Zelda gets voice acting, id want a gameplay similar to Star Wars KOTOR, in which your decision changes a little the story line, something of that fashion will be a good change for the zelda series IMO.

i personally like that there is no voice acting... it would be weird if Link had a voice.

souixan said:

Voice acting is double edged, it has to be done perfectly or it will in fact take away from the quality and believeability of the game. There's people who read books because reading is fun and fundamental, reading in a game is a very minor thing if it's that much trouble go play a game like most FPS's where you can pretty much jump in without knowing anything about any story or any of the characters.

I read text even when there's voice acting and in the past have turned voice acting off 99% of the time it's bad and embaressing. It's a freaking insult most of the time. Gannon needs to be silent Zelda needs to be silent and Link needs to be silent. I've been playing Zelda since 1989 and there's no voice they could give to any of them that would be right for me.

P.S. I'm clearly insane by most gamers standards as I prefer slow pacing lot's of story and lot's of text. I'm that guy who talks to EVERYBODY in EVERY town in an RPG.

P.S.S. Yes even the animals.

I turn off voice acting for the simple fact I can read 50x faster than it takes to sit around and listen to the characters. While this is only a minor issue in a large number of games, long "text heavy" rpgs get dragged on for hours if you sit around and listen to them talk.