By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - letters to nintendo (if starfox 64 can have it, why not zelda?)

Zelda in the next game: Link! Do a Barrel Roll!

Around the Network

@ I Like Bacon: *laughs for all of 2-1/2 minutes* That was classic... Barrel Roll, rofl!

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

ummm....thanks. ^_^;

tastyshovelware said:
i understand everyone's concern but in reality video game voice acting has come a long way over the last 10 years.

i remember in the mid 90s i was all out against voice acting. the voice acting you did find in those days was almost always terrible.

but nowadays many game designers are much more careful about who they hire to act in their games. On top of that, voice acting directors seem to have a better idea of what they're dealing with as well.

Games like splinter cell, jak and daxter, and god of war have great voice acting that really pushes the game forward. Same goes for metal gear solid.

I'm not saying text has to go away. Like with an rpg, i don't expect everyone in the town to talk, just the key players during key story related moments. I know that there are still games with bad voice acting but i have faith that nintendo could do it right. after all, look at metroid.

ps. some voice acting rocks. like house of the dead 2. even though it's done by people who have no clear understanding of the english language, it still rocks in that house of the dead sort of way.
I'm not talking about 10 years ago.. I'm talking about Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata and games made in the past few years... the voices make me cringe to an extent..

I agree with tastyshovelware at Zelda needing voice acting, you know, it´s on every other game out there. They could keep Link Mute though (of understandable words).
At difficulty setting, i really dont mind it.

WiiPC

Around the Network

haha, viva pinata rules.

Just imagine Link speaking with a "college movie teenboy voice" and a broad american accent *pukes*:P

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Zelda won't have voice acting, because the series aren't strong enough to face that. The Zelda hardcore base was more than halfed due to MM and WW. Yes, I can back those facts up. According to Iwata during the Nintendo Conference 07 fall, 3 % of OoT owners were female being, presumable humans, while as much as 20 % for TP and 33 % for PH. The number was 8% for WW I think.

When you then see that OoT sold 7.6M, while TP will end up at 5-6M, and 4-4.5 taking away females, as there are very few core females. TP also has a lot more casuals, Iwata said under NC that 35 % of the players of PH were first time zeldaers, and the TP number was not much lower. So let's say 30%, and that 17.5 % of those are the females, we still have 30-35% first time Zeldaers for TP. That means there are 2-3M potential cores for TP, while there are 7.6M for OoT.

That wasn't really my point. Look at MM and WW. MM caused the base to split a bit, and WW was a disaster. 20-35 % of the userbase pooped out of the window, presumably to never return, because of these games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I don't think voice acting would be the monumental change that going kiddie and cel shaded (ww) was. selling 4-5 million for a launch game (TP) is still pretty damn good. Especially since it was more or less a port of a gc game.

crazy stats though.

tastyshovelware said:
haha, viva pinata rules.
Oh no I like it just fine, the game itself is alright(except my 360 decided it'd eat the disc and Microsoft basically told me "Lulz too bad we can give you a new disc for 19.99"  and I refuse to buy a new copy of the damned thing.