By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - letters to nintendo (if starfox 64 can have it, why not zelda?)

dear nintendo,

when starfox 64 came out (97) it had both an expert difficulty selection and voice acting.

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) no zelda game to date has had either.

please fix.

sincerly,
-shovelware

Around the Network

SF64 FTW! Zelda games do have voice acting, like: "HIYAAA!!!", "hmmph." and "AHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Why does Zelda need voice acting? The text told the story just fine and the various noises made by the characters was quite amusing. There have been Zeldas in which the characters talked.. and they were the ones made for the CD-i and are universally regarded as the worst games with the Zelda name.

Also, adventure games like that rarely have a difficult vs. easy setting. In the first game.. if you beat it, there was a disordered set of dungeons to go through.. I guess that's the closest the series has ever come.

Why the hell do people insist so much that Zelda needs voice acting, it's really quite annoying to constantly see.

Who remembers being a kid and playing Mario, Sonic, Zelda and always thinking how cool they were?

Who remembers then being excited to find out there would be cartoons based on all these characters?

Who then went on to cringe at how strange it was to see all of these characters with voices...

Really, some things just ARE better without voice acting, Zelda is one of them.

Maybe the voice acting could be one of those downloadable contents you have to pay for...

I don't care if there's no voice acting, if I want to hear voice acting I will watch some anime or a cartoon instead.

An expert difficulty setting is welcome though.

Around the Network

The did release the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest in Japan, and in the US as a LE pack-in for the GC. (Speaking of which I need to borrow my brother-in-law's copy one of these days.) I hope they do this with the next Zelda as well. That's one series that I'd definitely replay on a harder difficulty.

And I'm all for voice acting, so long as the keep Link silent. Although, it would be different without the little sounds associated with each character. Whenever I think of Midna, I think of the sounds she would make when "speaking". Such good memories. :)

RolStoppable said:
I like Bacon said:
SF64 FTW! Zelda games do have voice acting, like: "HIYAAA!!!", "hmmph." and "AHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Let's not forget about "Hey!" and "Listen".

Speaking of that, I've always wanted to buy this shirt:

If only I could find some place that actually sells it. :( 

I heard that they wanted VO in Twilight Princess, as well as fully orchestrated music, but due to the Gamecube's 1.5 gb discs, there wasn't enough space. Ifthey had waited longer to put the Wii version out, it could have had it. I would expect VO in the next Wii Zelda.

Please don't compare Nintendo's mastery of all things gaming with the atrocity of the CD-i.

Oh, and please don't make Link speak--he's better with the 'actions speak louder than words' mystique

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
MrMarc said:
Why the hell do people insist so much that Zelda needs voice acting, it's really quite annoying to constantly see.

Who remembers being a kid and playing Mario, Sonic, Zelda and always thinking how cool they were?

Who remembers then being excited to find out there would be cartoons based on all these characters?

Who then went on to cringe at how strange it was to see all of these characters with voices...

Really, some things just ARE better without voice acting, Zelda is one of them.

And Mario's voice in SMG is so annoying. >_<

@damkira

well, games like devil may cry, viewtiful joe, RE4, im pretty sure jak3, ninja gaiden, and others offer a hard difficultly. It can't be too hard to do.

As for the voice acting, it adds a cinematic quality. Like, when a villain speaks, it has much more punch (when done well) then just reading text.

oh, i forgot to mention, other people, feel free to post your 'letters to nintendo....' which i guess will be answered by forum goers.