By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - letters to nintendo (if starfox 64 can have it, why not zelda?)

Link shouldnt talk, he hasnt even had text dialogue, the only thing I recall him say was "Link" in green text :D

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Link shouldnt talk, he hasnt even had text dialogue, the only thing I recall him say was "Link" in green text :D
I don't think he even ever said that, cause no matter what happened, she just kept right on calling him fairy boy and grasshopper.

Also

HYLIAN. Everyone speaks HYLIAN, so they'd better speak in hylian if they have voice acting. 

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Sullla said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Zelda won't have voice acting, because the series aren't strong enough to face that. The Zelda hardcore base was more than halfed due to MM and WW. Yes, I can back those facts up. According to Iwata during the Nintendo Conference 07 fall, 3 % of OoT owners were female being, presumable humans, while as much as 20 % for TP and 33 % for PH. The number was 8% for WW I think.

When you then see that OoT sold 7.6M, while TP will end up at 5-6M, and 4-4.5 taking away females, as there are very few core females. TP also has a lot more casuals, Iwata said under NC that 35 % of the players of PH were first time zeldaers, and the TP number was not much lower. So let's say 30%, and that 17.5 % of those are the females, we still have 30-35% first time Zeldaers for TP. That means there are 2-3M potential cores for TP, while there are 7.6M for OoT.

That wasn't really my point. Look at MM and WW. MM caused the base to split a bit, and WW was a disaster. 20-35 % of the userbase pooped out of the window, presumably to never return, because of these games.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here, especially the part about female gamers. Is the point that Zelda is becoming a more "casual" series (?) The userbase certainly isn't disappearing, because Twilight Princess sales compare extremely favorably to the rest of the series:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TimeNintendo7.60m8.747.60m
The Legend of ZeldaNintendo6.51m7.846.51m
The Legend of Zelda: Link To The PastNintendo4.61m8.144.61m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessNintendo4.58m8.384.58m
The Legend of Zelda: Wind WakerNintendo4.38m7.994.38m
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure Of LinkNintendo4.38m7.794.38m
The Legend of Zelda: Links AwakeningNintendo3.83m7.843.83m
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom HourglassNintendo3.63m8.003.63m
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras MaskNintendo3.36m7.913.36m
The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening DXNintendo2.22m7.822.22m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessNintendo1.34m7.971.34m

Add together the Gamecube and Wii sales for Twilight Princess, and the game is just shy of 6m. It's still selling a considerable number of copies each week, and will certainly be re-released later on as a cheaper Player's Choice title, so Twilight Princess should easily pass the original Legend of Zelda game as the second-best selling game in the series. It also has an outside chance of surpassing Ocarina of Time sales if the Wii has a long lifespan. If the sales are there, I'm not sure why it matters who is purchasing the game, serious or casual fans, male or female gamers.

I also have no idea what this has to do with voice acting...

I noticed that Oyvoyvoyvoyvoyvoyvoy has a tendecy to go on tangents that don't really make sense.

That said, I think Twilight Princess has a very real chance of surpassing OoT sales (with GCN and Wii versions combined) its legs are pretty insane. I guess the only thing that could stop that would be Retro Zelda and Zelda Wii, neither of which will probably come before the end of 2008, but even then I don't see them eating TP's sales too much. Zelda games don't necessarily cannibalize each other.

HYLIAN. Everyone speaks HYLIAN, so they'd better speak in hylian if they have voice acting.

They don't speak Hylian in every game, though. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"