By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - letters to nintendo (if starfox 64 can have it, why not zelda?)

no matter who they get, it just wouldn't sound right. (and to the person that suggested elijah wood, H-E-L-L N-O!!). everyone who has ever played a zelda has had the characters sound different so to actually give them a voice wouldn't help matter, just keep it text based.

Around the Network
cwbys21 said:
no matter who they get, it just wouldn't sound right. (and to the person that suggested elijah wood, H-E-L-L N-O!!). everyone who has ever played a zelda has had the characters sound different so to actually give them a voice wouldn't help matter, just keep it text based.

Couldn't say it any better myself

I DO want voice-acting in the next Zelda, as long as there is an option to turn it off.

Also I hope they finally put a difficulty setting in it, the past Zelda's have just been too easy...

Gr. H 

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

i think there should be voice acting, but Link should be quiet, the other characters should speak tho... Link should remain silent

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

i think there should be voice acting, but Link should be quiet, the other characters should speak tho... Link should remain silent

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Link must remain a silent protagonist, but the other characters could speak. Like in Assassin's Creed: when you walk past friendly NPC's they should whisper something like: 'Oh my, is THAT the Hero of Time?'. An when you engage an enemy it should say something like: 'DIE you filthy Hylian! For Ganon!!'
But there should be an option for them speaking hylian instead of english/japanese, like Star Fox 64 has the lylat option for the voice acting.

About the difficulty: I don't care much. I think OoT's level was perfect, but I'm fine with TP's difficulty as well.

But honestly, I don't give a crap about the changes right now, I just want the official announcement of Zelda Wii + awesome trailer.

Ishy said:

Agreed. They should handle it Metroid Prime 3 style. That way everyone wins.

If they do voice acting, they damn well better speak in Hylian

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Zelda won't have voice acting, because the series aren't strong enough to face that. The Zelda hardcore base was more than halfed due to MM and WW. Yes, I can back those facts up. According to Iwata during the Nintendo Conference 07 fall, 3 % of OoT owners were female being, presumable humans, while as much as 20 % for TP and 33 % for PH. The number was 8% for WW I think.

When you then see that OoT sold 7.6M, while TP will end up at 5-6M, and 4-4.5 taking away females, as there are very few core females. TP also has a lot more casuals, Iwata said under NC that 35 % of the players of PH were first time zeldaers, and the TP number was not much lower. So let's say 30%, and that 17.5 % of those are the females, we still have 30-35% first time Zeldaers for TP. That means there are 2-3M potential cores for TP, while there are 7.6M for OoT.

That wasn't really my point. Look at MM and WW. MM caused the base to split a bit, and WW was a disaster. 20-35 % of the userbase pooped out of the window, presumably to never return, because of these games.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here, especially the part about female gamers. Is the point that Zelda is becoming a more "casual" series (?) The userbase certainly isn't disappearing, because Twilight Princess sales compare extremely favorably to the rest of the series:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TimeNintendo7.60m8.747.60m
The Legend of ZeldaNintendo6.51m7.846.51m
The Legend of Zelda: Link To The PastNintendo4.61m8.144.61m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessNintendo4.58m8.384.58m
The Legend of Zelda: Wind WakerNintendo4.38m7.994.38m
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure Of LinkNintendo4.38m7.794.38m
The Legend of Zelda: Links AwakeningNintendo3.83m7.843.83m
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom HourglassNintendo3.63m8.003.63m
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras MaskNintendo3.36m7.913.36m
The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening DXNintendo2.22m7.822.22m
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight PrincessNintendo1.34m7.971.34m

Add together the Gamecube and Wii sales for Twilight Princess, and the game is just shy of 6m. It's still selling a considerable number of copies each week, and will certainly be re-released later on as a cheaper Player's Choice title, so Twilight Princess should easily pass the original Legend of Zelda game as the second-best selling game in the series. It also has an outside chance of surpassing Ocarina of Time sales if the Wii has a long lifespan. If the sales are there, I'm not sure why it matters who is purchasing the game, serious or casual fans, male or female gamers.

I also have no idea what this has to do with voice acting...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

What Zelda needs is what MP3 had, everyone talks but the main character!

At least one group of Zelda fans will be annoyed by Link's voice (if he gets one), Nintendo should do the smart thing to keep the peace and make him and only him the mute character in the game.