By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So ... That big third party rumoured exclusive for Xbox1.

Tagged games:

fleischr said:
Xxain said:
fleischr said:
Xxain said:
The Japanese exclusive is Devil's Third.

No. Devil's Third is probably going to be the other 'large-scale' collaboration Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei have on WiiU.

If your being sarcastic, I missed it. Devil's Third is in development at Valhalla Games, Itagaki's(Ninja Gaiden, DoA) company, wheres its been for like 4 years. So unless I missed something...

The Japanese exclusive thing and Itagaki's broken silence appeared in same time frame.

Itagaki was previously affiliated with Tecmo-Koei. Once THQ was dropped as the publisher, it'd make sense for Tecmo-Koei to take interest in his project.

The game was built with the Darksiders 2 engine -- which hasn't been known to run on X1, but has been used on the WiiU. WiiU was confirmed as one of the platforms for the game when the game was first developed.

If you're a small company, you don't retool a game you've practically finished for a platform you never targeted in the first place. You don't go experimenting with an engine unless you have serious cash and time to do that.

What kind nonsense is this? You do know that Itagaki and Tecmo did not part on good terms right? There is no friendly relationship there. Based on that situation it Wouldn't make sense for EITHER party to interested in each other. Not to mention DT ran on the Darksiders engine while it was being funded by THQ. When it was dropped finacing was picked up by some Korean company with added funding by Itagaki and close team members (according to him he and few sold their own homes). Last update from him before his long hibernation was that were doing a completly new engine for newest gen but lets say they were still using darksiders engine... Why would that somehow be a end all land on other consolse? They can be retooled to take advantage of other consoles. MS picking them up definitely gives them the cash and it certainly makes more sense based on relationship.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
celador said:
I think a Platinum exclusive is most likely, although I also think there will be more than one.

I have doubts about how big it will be though. Something like Fallout is not going to be exclusive with the way gaming is right now. I suspect whatever game it is has been in development for quite a while.

I'd figure Platinum to be among the least likely. They more or less have made themselves a Ninty 2nd party.

Agreed on other points though

If MS put some money forward, then I don't see why Platinum would not make an XOne exclusive.

bananaking21 said:
is there any confirmation that MS will infact show a big third party exclusive at their E3?

From what Im hearing more than one.....

Would love it if its Bioware or Epic Games related.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
selnor1983 said:
It could be anything. Its supposed to be a megaton isnt it? MS could buy ninty and Sony hundreds of times over so money wouldnt be an issue.

We will see I guess, would be funny to see some meltdowns though.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
gergroy said:
OttoniBastos said:
-Platinum games - POSSIBLE

-Dragons dogma 2 - NO WAY! Jrpgs exclusive for Xbox? Capcom would be crazy

-Resident Evil - NO WAY! Resident is brand related with sony!

-Fallout 4 - A first person shooter?! POSSIBLE

-Mass effect 4 - Mass effect 1 was X360 exclusive for 5 years,right?! plus, EA and MS are basically twins sisters so it's POSSIBLE!

-Kotor 3 - Welp,Kotor is brand related with Xbox so it's POSSIBLE!

...did you just call fallout 4 a first person shooter???

Semi first person shooter?

It would cost MS about $300 million to secure that exclusivity I would think... dont think that would be it... now DLC... that could really be possible.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

OttoniBastos said:

-Dragons dogma 2 - NO WAY! Jrpgs exclusive for Xbox? Capcom would be crazy

That is very funny, because I still remember when you argue'd with me all the time about JRPGs on 360. Do you remember what you told me when I pointed out the healthy, great numbers of Dark Souls on 360?

"But that's because Dark Souls style is wRPG centric"

So basically, you're admitting that Dragon's Dogma 2 would fit good for 360 ;)

EDIT: Did I say 360? Man, I can't even write xD

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Vasto said:

Beyond Good and Evil?

No Mans Sky?

Beyond good and Evil ? lmao

lol, I actually enjoyed that game.

BenVTrigger said:
bananaking21 said:
is there any confirmation that MS will infact show a big third party exclusive at their E3?

what i am saying is, this is in the rumor phase? and is it backed up by people who have a strong track record like shinobi? or is this pretty much confirmed. 

bananaking21 said:
BenVTrigger said:
bananaking21 said:

what i am saying is, this is in the rumor phase? and is it backed up by people who have a strong track record like shinobi? or is this pretty much confirmed. 

No idea about Shinobi. Im talking about what Ive heard myself from not anonymous twitter sources.