By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So ... That big third party rumoured exclusive for Xbox1.

Tagged games:

-Platinum games - POSSIBLE

-Dragons dogma 2 - NO WAY! Jrpgs exclusive for Xbox? Capcom would be crazy

-Resident Evil - NO WAY! Resident is brand related with sony!

-Fallout 4 - A first person shooter?! POSSIBLE

-Mass effect 4 - Mass effect 1 was X360 exclusive for 5 years,right?! plus, EA and MS are basically twins sisters so it's POSSIBLE!

-Kotor 3 - Welp,Kotor is brand related with Xbox so it's POSSIBLE!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Hope it is Platinum games because I find their games overrated shite.

Not as harsh about it, but I'm in the same boat. If it is a PG game then no tears from me.

KylieDog said:
Hope it is Platinum games because I find their games overrated shite.

I agree they are over rated, but "shite" is a bit harsh.

Maybe Nintendo has realized Bayonetta 2 will flop on Wii U and sold the rights to MS. This makes perfect sense in my head!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Xxain said:
fleischr said:
Xxain said:
The Japanese exclusive is Devil's Third.

No. Devil's Third is probably going to be the other 'large-scale' collaboration Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei have on WiiU.

If your being sarcastic, I missed it. Devil's Third is in development at Valhalla Games, Itagaki's(Ninja Gaiden, DoA) company, wheres its been for like 4 years. So unless I missed something...

The Japanese exclusive thing and Itagaki's broken silence appeared in same time frame.

Itagaki was previously affiliated with Tecmo-Koei. Once THQ was dropped as the publisher, it'd make sense for Tecmo-Koei to take interest in his project.

The game was built with the Darksiders 2 engine -- which hasn't been known to run on X1, but has been used on the WiiU. WiiU was confirmed as one of the platforms for the game when the game was first developed.

If you're a small company, you don't retool a game you've practically finished for a platform you never targeted in the first place. You don't go experimenting with an engine unless you have serious cash and time to do that.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

OttoniBastos said:

-Mass effect 4 - Mass effect 1 was X360 exclusive for 5 years,right?! plus, EA and MS are basically twins sisters so it's POSSIBLE!

...did you just call fallout 4 a first person shooter???

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Well apart from the (temporary) exclusive Resident Evils for Gamecube and 3DS.

Yeah because that worked very well for the franchise!

Maybe if Remake and Zero had been released for PS2 RE4/5/6 could have been more Survival horror!

gergroy said:
OttoniBastos said:

Semi first person shooter?

The suspense is killing me! Hahaha I need to freeze myself until next week.

Machiavellian said:
Arkaign said:
EspadaGrim said:
sales2099 said:
Good to know my favourite gaming corporation has a shit ton of money to throw around :)

As long as they use that money for more games I'm Happy.

At the same time, it's doubtful that MS is going to continue to put infinite emphasis on the Xbox division considering the overall losses and severely underperforming XB1. 2014 has been very costly for them at every turn.

What losses??? Did I miss something becuase I do not remember MS reporting any losses for the console.  Do you have any links or is this just an opinion you are reporting as fact.

Look at this :

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

Now look at the 05/06/07 timeframe, that's due to ramping up/producing X360. Developing/marketing XB1 is even more expensive than the 360 days, so we're probably talking on the order of 3B in additional expenses related to XB1 in 2013/2014. XB1's only chance to become profitable would be in the order of 50M+ sold through, with heavy XBLG/attach rate.

They already had a costly overproduction of XB1s based on overinflated expectations (Nov/Dec gave them an unrealistic sales expectation, so they produced at max level, flooding the channel, then had to ramp down, this is VERY expensive as a mistake when you're using outside assembly as they do).

Add in dropping Kinect, the Titanfall marketing + moneyhat exclusivity (probably 200-300M total), buying TF copies for the bundles (80M+ easily even at $25/pop), etc.

At this rate they'll be down 7.5+ billion in total for the XB project from inception, and 4B+ down for XBO by Dec 31st, 2014.

OttoniBastos said:
gergroy said:
OttoniBastos said:

Semi first person shooter?

Its about as rpg as you can get...