By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Microsoft fans/others on Destiny

Destiny looks kinda boring, but it has nothing to do with me being a Nintendo/MS fan! I swear!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I think it's funny how everyone's fighting over a game that doesn't even look interesting.

I said this in another thread: I don't care for Destiny. Not because it "looks boring", not because "I don't like Bungie". I don't care for it (at least, enough to get super hyped about it) because we've been oversaturated with FPS since 2007. Each map could be as big as Halo's whole world (or so Bungie claims), it could add some fun strategic elements that make multiplayer less one-dimensional, but at the end of the day, after playing so many of them, it's "just another FPS" to me.

Will I get it? Maybe. Some of my friends are looking forward to it, so it'd be fun to play with them, and maybe through that, it'll hook me in. But right now? It's just another game that'll be on the shelf this fall, to me.

Also, please don't let "pretend exclusive" catch on. The concept is full retard and was only made (by an MS fan) to disparage 3rd party games that Sony has marketing deals with, what I'm assuming is, explicitly because Sony is in the lead right now (I called it damage control, I believe), to make it seem like they're "tricking" people in order to get ahead. MS had it with GTA, CoD, and many other games last gen, but a bunch of criteria was made for this gen to make it seem like only Sony was "guilty" of "pretending to have exclusives". Only after complaints of hypocrisy was it capitulated that Titanfall and CoD fall under the same criteria for Xbox (because in the original thread, they didn't count at first).

Hasent shown anything to get excited about+ its cross gen, which will further push it into mediocrity. Im not a huge FPS guy outside of the occasional Battlefield game. I would probably give it a try if they released it on PC.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Ha he said my patented term.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Not sure why MS fans would be upset or bitter. They can play the new Bungie game AND Halo is still exclusive. It's like a win/win. If Halo went MP with Bungie, then maybe. Idk, I am not a big Halo fan.

I think the disinterest is pretty even amongst both sides.

I personally just feel like the game isn't going to live up to the $500 million hype. I read all the previews and watched all videos, the game just lacks its own identity and gunplay feels boring to watch. No fanboyism here, just my conclusion from what I have seen/read.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

vivster said:
As a Sony Fanboy I can assure you that Destiny will never ever come even close to touching anything I own.

Yeah, no hate or love from me, just indifference to the game and genre. 

sales2099 said:
J_Allard said:
Not sure why MS fans would be upset or bitter. They can play the new Bungie game AND Halo is still exclusive. It's like a win/win. If Halo went MP with Bungie, then maybe. Idk, I am not a big Halo fan.

I think the disinterest is pretty even amongst both sides.

I personally just feel like the game isn't going to live up to the $500 million hype. I read all the previews and watched all videos, the game just lacks its own identity and gunplay feels boring to watch. No fanboyism here, just my conclusion from what I have seen/read.

I'm kind of feeling the same way, after watching Watchdogs not live up it its hype. I'm still excited for Destiny, just waiting to see more of it.

*Facepalm* If that's what you think then fine by me. Game looks boring, I didn't say the game was going to suck or flop or anything like that. My opinion is based purely on what has been shown of the game, once I play it I'm sure it'll be fun ( I hope).