By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Microsoft fans/others on Destiny

I've been saying it looks boring since we saw the first trailer last year. That was before we found out that the PS4 would get exclusive content and stuff.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Not sure why MS fans would be upset or bitter. They can play the new Bungie game AND Halo is still exclusive. It's like a win/win. If Halo went MP with Bungie, then maybe. Idk, I am not a big Halo fan.

I think the disinterest is pretty even amongst both sides.

I'm looking forward to the game. My view is at least what until the game comes out before your opinions on it. Bungie has had a good track record so let's see what happens come September 9th.

Comments about Destiny remind me of the attitude that ps fans displayed towards Insomniac after announcing that they were going multiplat. Same with Gears of War developers and Bullestorm. It's actually pretty funny and fun to watch. If only there was some pop corn around.

It's both...

Some Microsoft fans say it's super bad only because it's from Bungie who don't make exclusive Xbox games nowadays and some Sony fans who never liked Bungie are their biggest fans now because they know that Bungie was super important for exclusive games on Xbox.

And then there are those who simply say the truth about how they feel. If I would be as example a Halo fan only because of the singleplayer, I would find Destiny also boring right now. And many play Halo only for the singleplayer which you could even see in the Xbox Nation some days ago where some mentioned it

But as someone who likes co-op with friends a lot and who is a Bungie fan, I'm very interested in it.

Around the Network

I dont know, I have seen disinterest/interest from both sides. I'm sure if the fanbasis of both sides were polled (using actual statistical methods) the results would be about equal.

Personally, destiny is tied with dragon age as my most anticipated game this year!

There is some discussion in this thread that is reasonable and so I am hesitant to lock it.

That said when reports directed me to this thread I took one look and its immediately apparent the OP is trolling and baiting!

Keep the thread decent or I will lock it folks!

OT: I am in the Destiny-is-overhyped camp. I own Xbox360-Xbox1 and PS3-PS4, and I haven't played a Halo game in years! So make of that what you will. Ultimately I think there is a fairly broad realigning of views across the gaming web that I would interpret very differently to the OP. I know a lot of Xbox fans were very hyped for Destiny on announcement. The more they have seen, the less interesting it looks. I think they are wondering (with far greater potential for disappointment than PS fans that have never played a Bungie game) whether the developer has run out of steam through its transition and upstaffing!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

all only speak for myself but as a sony fan..

...why should i try and hype this? it's not exclusive. not even timed exclusive. from what i've been able to gather it's not even getting exclusive content other that early access to the beta. so what if the marketing has playstation on it instead of xbox,.. people aren't that dumb.

as a very vocal member of the referenced thread i'll say that i defended destiny because
A) i'm hyped for it.
B) i'm getting rather annoyed by all the undeserved negativity all games are getting. not just destiny but watch dogs and the order 1886 and sunset overdrive and titanfall and driveclub and the entire indie scene.

selnor1983 said:
Hunh? Some arent xbox fans. I also know psowners who arent interested. I hope its great, but the mp worries me, as do other things ive read.

yeah, you cant generalize much in this subject, i for once am a mainly PS owner, and im not excited for Destiny, do i think it looks bad? NO. do i think its the greatest game ever? NO. it looks okay and somewhat promising but im not getting that feeling of epic that the original halo gave me when i heard its main theme for the first time, only to play it and realize that i wasnt wrong it was a great game.

As a Sony Fanboy I can assure you that Destiny will never ever come even close to touching anything I own.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.