By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you like your console maker of choice? (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)

binary solo said:
I go with Sony because it's not Microsoft and it doesn't have an Italian plumber with a pedo moustache as a mascot. If I was into consoles in the time of Sega I probably would have gone with them, But I only started getting into consoles when Sega was in its death throes as a hardware maker.

I feel like reporting you for dissing my precious Mario!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I like Sony because they have always promoted wide game support on their platforms. Not focused on just on 1st party, not focused on shooters, not focused on casuals, etc. PlayStation games support has easily been the broadest for the last 3 generations. Also their 1st party is innovative and technically among the best.

My 8th gen collection

I like all 3 for diff reasons, and support all 3 with my wallet, but I like Sony the most by small margin because they consistently have the best exclusives every gen.

I support all three, but Nintendo is tops for me because:

-symbiosis between software and hardware
-design philosophy second to none
-the teams under the Nintendo EAD banner are the best in the business
-focus on local multiplayer
-backward compatibility

Because they do Halo right for the fans. Yearly novels, graphic novels, movies like Halo Legends and Forward Unto Dawn, the TV series next year. They take their time for all main Halo entries and give us spinoffs in the meantime so there is never any shortage of content expanding the lore. Extensive marketing, merchandising (toys, posters, figurines, clothing to cellphone cases), all things done right.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Deimos said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Sony:

- Always has the strongest hardware out of the 3
- Has varied games from artsy platformers to shooters.
- Listens to fans

Nintendo:

- IPs
- Creativity
- Set many trends.

"Always has the strongest hardware out of the 3"

No...

For the past 2 generations at least...

I can't say I favor any of them at the moment. For me the 8th gen has been one of disappointment. So was 7th gen with the exception of great handhelds, Dragon's Dogma, The SingStar store and fitness games.

think-man said:
Wright said:

>_>

<_< 

I like C# which is MS, I don't know many techies that like MS :P

Well I dunno if I _like_ MS per se, but I write tons of C# code professionaly and personally. You should check out Mono for linux.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.