By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you like your console maker of choice? (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)

think-man said:
Wright said:

Enjoy Linux then! :P

I do actually, Linux is awesome I use it quite alot :P

>_>

Around the Network

I go with Sony because it's not Microsoft and it doesn't have an Italian plumber with a pedo moustache as a mascot. If I was into consoles in the time of Sega I probably would have gone with them, But I only started getting into consoles when Sega was in its death throes as a hardware maker.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Wright said:
think-man said:
Wright said:

Enjoy Linux then! :P

I do actually, Linux is awesome I use it quite alot :P

>_>

<_< 

I like C# which is MS, I don't know many techies that like MS :P

think-man said:

<_< 

You know your way around programming languages?

Wright said:
think-man said:

<_< 

You know your way around programming languages?

A few, yes :P

Around the Network

My experience with All three lead me to: Sony.

Nintendo: I had the NES. I was poor and could not afford to buy games so only could rent them for a few days and never finished most of them. My attachment with Nintendo never grew, and Zelda and Metroid were favorite franchises, but lost interest in them since I never bought a SNES, I could only afford a cheap used Sega. I'm indifferent about Nintendo, and that's the truth.

Microsoft: My experience with this company started from Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP, and now 7. I bought 95 and an upgrade for 98. It was nothing by nightmares and instabilities. I grew to despise many of the software attachments to these OS. Too many viruses and too many blue screens of death later, I found myself to distrust the company since there were better & free software out there that was open source. That's when I began looking at free alternatives. I know run windows 7 for games & Linux for anything else. This is probably one of the reason why the Xbox has little appeal to me.

Sony: First walkman lasted me 7 years until it was stolen. in the 80's and 90's Sony meant quality and durability to me. It meant I could abuse it and it would still keep going for me. Like a Toyota in Central America, where they run them with re-used oil and they keep going. Hell I keep buying Sony Cellphones because I've dropped them so many times and they still keep on going, even my WT19i. My experience with Sony's good reliability and the Playstation obtaining some of the first JRPG's that I will never forget are the reason why I own a PS3.

I still don't see why I need a PS4 though.

Sony for their hardware vision, taking chances on new IPs, good third party relations, amazing 1st party studios and overall way of thinking and positioning themselves in the industry.

Sony. They've made my favorite console and handheld in every gen since I started gaming. Can't go wrong with that track record.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Adameh said:

Why do you like your console maker? Say which you perfer out of the big three and why.

I like Nintendo because with their games, they are always varied, and you can preorder without the fear of it being a shit game. You also don't need to worry about DLC (less so now), online passes and paying for online in general.

No flame wars pls

Software in some cases for me yeah but its hard to fail on something that its proven itself when you just make subtle changes to successful franchises. I thought your post was about hardware. If it was about hardware I would say I love their focus on innovation but I they always go half way through with it. They again stay safe by not making a powerful system. A powerful system would cost a lot of money and then they might take a hit. Of course innovation costs money and some of that was put went to the controller.

Overall though, I think they are all great. They all have their negatives and positives. I like Nintendo because of their history and push for innovation in hardware. I like Sony for innovating and taking risk with new IPs and learning their lessons with the PS3. I like Microsoft for not being stubborn and making necessary changes to stay competitive (Games with Gold, No DRM, Better Indie Support).

Nintendo, because they've always been about having fun and enjoying yourself, whether its Mario Kart or Fire Emblem. The community is mostly nice. They don't rely on annualized shooters and sports games to sell there consoles, they make a ton of exclusive games. Plus, I love the Nintendo Directs, they're an easy way to get news out to everyone.