By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you like your console maker of choice? (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)

Sony is the safest choice out of the whole lot. Their first party is ace and their third party is second to none. With the other companies you have a deficiency. With Microsoft bad first party is covered up by great thid party and with Nintendo its the opposite. For them Great first party makes up for lack of third party.

Around the Network

Nintendo. They have unique games with its own atmosphere. MS/Sony for me are trying to push PC gaming on the consoles, which is wrong way to go in my opinion.

Sharu said:
Nintendo. They have unique games with its own atmosphere. MS/Sony for me are trying to push PC gaming on the consoles, which is wrong way to go in my opinion.

PC gaming was coming to consoles anyway. Microsoft just rushed the operation. Sony focused on making their own types of games. Without PC games buffering Microsofts fanks they barely have exclusives unless they fund other companies outside of Microsoft. Sony has had online branches for PC games since 1995, but most of those games werent on consoles until recent times.

Does not focus on mainstream shit.
does not programm on black and white 1940 TV's (their games have color are not grey or brown)
Innovative
most games are polished
games have soul
attention to detail
art style > realism (which will look like shit in 1 year anyway)
Gives me the retro feeling.
best fanbase imho
being a fan of it is like a lifestyle not just something you do to feel cool.

I like them all, I don't discriminate. :P

No limitations and tons of fun! ;)

Around the Network
binary solo said:
I go with Sony because it's not Microsoft and it doesn't have an Italian plumber with a pedo moustache as a mascot. If I was into consoles in the time of Sega I probably would have gone with them, But I only started getting into consoles when Sega was in its death throes as a hardware maker.

EPIC STONE-COLD ICEBURN BRAH

1,000+ likes

*high-five*

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Wright said:
ghettoglamour said:

PlayStation. Usually cutting edge hardware, most and best exclusives and 1st party studios. Usually gets all the 3rd party titles, unless it's a bought exclusive (or a handheld game, duh )

Get a Vita! :P

I have one

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Wright said:

I have one

Buy more then, fool. Sony needs your support.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
ghettoglamour said:
Wright said:

I have one

Lol, first of all, I buy more than enough games for it.

And second and most important, I don't owe Sony anything, I don't "support" huge multi billion dollar companies and I hope you do not neither, because I'm pretty sure they won't "support" you if you can't pay your bills.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Gnac said:
ghettoglamour said:
Wright said:

I have one

*Walks into a game store*

'Hello I'd like to buy 90,000 PSVitas please'

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam