By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you like your console maker of choice? (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony)

You have both done me proud.

EDIT: Fucking HELL Baz

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:

Gnac my sweetie, don't swear!

Wright said:
Gnac said:

Gnac my sweetie, don't swear!

Get over here and [make love to me in the missionary position]

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Wow I came into this thread at a bad time

*leaves quietly*

Xenostar said:
Wow I came into this thread at a bad time

*leaves quietly*

XD This is actually my most replied to thread ever

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

Sony, because i don't like FPS, or any mario game, but i have nothing against them, i probably buy a wiiu soon ^^ and xboxone later on the road

I've always been a sega/sony person. I've owned every major sega console after the genesis, and I've owned every major sony console until the PS3.

Now that sega is gone, it's just me and sony these days. And, whatever sega action I can get, in the form of Virtua Fighter V: Final Showdown, and Sonic CD.

I don't like any of the new sonic titles, and I own all the sonic games on genesis.

But, I grew up with those two.

I don't like microsoft's policies, even though they've changed, I don't like the xbox's D-Pad, it's no good for fighting games. Then, there were things like RRoD, and etc.

I've had my PS3 since 2008, and it's been great. So far, it's the only console I ever had that didn't need to be replaced at some point.

As far as nintendo goes, I've not been interested in part, due to the odd-shaped controllers they've been making since the N64. The other thing is that I've been interested in no games from any nintendo console, ever.

Slightly interested in SSB, only because of megaman, and slightly interested in sonic lost world, because it reminds me of the canceled game that never came to sega saturn.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a Wii-U at some point. But, I must get PS4 first.

Sony:

- Very balanced, often powerful hardware.
- State of the art software and features.
- Unmatched 3rd party support (with one exception ).
- Good 1st party support.
- Home to a very diverse selection of games.
- Home to most of my favourite IPs.

Back when I was a kid, it was always Nintendo for me. The NES and SNES defined my gaming childhood, and whilst I liked my Mega Drive, it was the SNES id play almost every day. Get since the PS1 came out, I've definitely been a Sony guy. I always have at least two of the consoles available, but whilst I played my PS1, PS2 and PS3 daily, my N64, GameCube and Wii only got used once every six months or so. Now I have a PS4, and don't think I'll bother with a Wii U.

The reason is depth and diversity, largely. Sony provide far more exclusive games than both of their rivals, and those games cover a much wider range of genres and IPs. Nintendo make great games, but I don't NEED another Donkey Kong game that played just like the Wii one, which played just like the SNES ones. Nor do I need more Mario games that played just like the other ones. What I DO need is games like The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son and whatever E3 throws at us; these are games with new stories, new worlds, new characters, and that's what excites me. Halo, Fable, Gears and Forza are all great franchises, but they're pretty much the only games that Microsoft put out, and that bores the hell out of me, it's the same with Nintendo. Sony strike the right balance between old and new; the PS3 saw the birth of Uncharted, inFamous, The Last of Us and LittleBigPlanet, while they continued fan favourite franchise like Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Killzone, Sly Cooper and Gran Turismo. That's what nails it for me; provide the games I love, while adding new ones on top. Constantly hammering Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Metroid isn't going to do it for me.

Throw in the best third-party support, the best Japanese support as well as a genuine dedication to providing what the core fanbase want, rather than chasing the casual media dream, and Sony are easily the company whose intentions best meet my expectations.

LiquorandGunFun said:

I like them all, I don't discriminate. :P

No limitations and tons of fun! ;)

You know there's a black Wii U too? That's discrimination right there :P