By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should advertise the fact that their Internet Connection is FREE!

kupomogli said:
Nintentacle said:
Conina said:
PigPen said:

I don't care about scores.  I stll say meh to most of them.

Yeah, we know how you would rate games.

• Nintendo exclusives: great games
  • multiplatform games with good Nintendo version: good games 
  • multiplatform games with bad Nintendo port: meh at best
  • multiplatform games with no Nintendo version: meh at best 

The first 2 are actually true, with a few exceptions. 3 and 4 are half true since the average score for games is considered "Meh", but there's plenty of exceptions.

Bolded.  Seems kind of biased to me.

If there's a multiplatform game with a good Nintendo version, the game is bound to be good on the other versions (With the exception of some good games that have a PS3, 360, and Wii version. It depends if that's the case.)

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Zisbest said:
Nah, I mean it's great not having to pay anything for online matches and stuff, but the Wii U's online service isn't really comparable to PSN and Xbox live, so no.

I never understand what people mean by that.

I play a game on 360 PS3 and WiiU. THere is no difference other that Nintendo has Miiverse which kicks the other systems butts. Also PC has no online fee and kicks every consoles but too.

I certainly dont want to talk to dumb people online especially not when they are 13 year olds playing games for 13 year old that for whatever reason have an M rating.

Well, for me personally there isn't too much of a difference either, since I rarely play online. ( 3-4 games across all platforms that is) BUT we can't overlook the fact that PSN and Xbox live offer much and I mean much more than the Nintendo Network does. Reliability in itself speaks for the competitors, not to mention  a wider variety of games that one can play online. (The only game on Wii U that comes to my mind right now would be Mario Kart 8) Creating a profile, that isn't accessible from only one specific piece of hardware also puts them so far ahead. Invite friends to a Party Chat and so on...

These are just a few examples of why I think the Nintendo Network isn't really comparable. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Miiverse and post there regularly myself, but compared to Xbox live and PSN? Meh.

*Also, if those 13 year old dickwads playing online annoy you, you can just mute or block them entirely.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

How are the competing networks so much better anyway? Now that friend codes are gone it's all pretty much the same thing (sans the free games or whatever, which is stuff you should pay for, but how is the actual networking experience any better?)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I still can't believe that gamers pay money to be able to play online, this should be for free like Nintendo does it!!! I mean how fast do you think Sony or Microsoft would make their online play also for free if no one would buy their consoles because of that??? I think they would change that really fast, to bad that Sony and Microsoft gamers are stupid these days!!! They complain all days and like there is no tomorrow when a certain game is not 1080p or 60FPS, but when it comes to money and that they get forced to pay for online play they don't care :D

This post has been moderated - Torillian

TheGhosts said:

I still can't believe that gamers pay money to be able to play online, this should be for free like Nintendo does it!!! I mean how fast do you think Sony or Microsoft would make their online play also for free if no one would buy their consoles because of that??? I think they would change that really fast, to bad that Sony and Microsoft gamers are stupid these days!!! They complain all days and like there is no tomorrow when a certain game is not 1080p or 60FPS, but when it comes to money and that they get forced to pay for online play they don't care :D

I still can't believe that gamers pay money twice to be able to play the same Virtual-Console-classics on the handheld AND on the console. Purchases should be cross-buy and tied to an account, not to a single device where you are at the mercy of Nintendo to get your purchases reactivated when you have to replace the device (broken, stolen, better model). I mean, how fast do you think Nintendo would change their obsolete hardware-DRM and doubledipping, if no one would buy their consoles and handhelds because of that? I think they would change that really fast, too bad that Nintendo gamers bend over and put up with everything for their Mario-fix. ;)

Around the Network

They should put those disclaimer text on Mario Kart 8 commercial that says online multiplayer is free. They don't need to brag about it, but with big games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, they should mention online multiplayer is free. Since PS4 and One have online subscriptions the mass consumer may believe Nintendo's online may not be free.

However, I honestly still don't understand why PC games from the 90's to now have free multiplayer but consoles games do not. Maybe because it's harder to justify online subscription on a PC when it isn't a MMO? Is it because there are more console gamers than PC gamers? I mean aren't Starcraft II and Diablo III's online free?

They offer it free because it sucks.

Conina said:
TheGhosts said:

I still can't believe that gamers pay money twice to be able to play the same Virtual-Console-classics on the handheld AND on the console. Purchases should be cross-buy and tied to an account, not to a single device where you are at the mercy of Nintendo to get your purchases reactivated when you have to replace the device (broken, stolen, better model). I mean, how fast do you think Nintendo would change their obsolete hardware-DRM and doubledipping, if no one would buy their consoles and handhelds because of that? I think they would change that really fast, too bad that Nintendo gamers bend over and put up with everything for their Mario-fix. ;)

:D Nintendo Fans are not complaining because their online games and play is for free and because Nintendo Fans know how hart Nintendo works to create new game experiences for their fans and that's why Nintendo Fans pay proudly twice for a game, while RePlayStation 4 gets all the old games from the PS3 again ;)

Yes.

Nintendo will start charging soon. If they ever plan to keep up with MSFT and Sony they pretty much have too.