By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should advertise the fact that their Internet Connection is FREE!

but what would they exactly say?
"our network ranks last on basically all MP games but its free so please live with it" ??

Around the Network

Of course they should. Even if they don't have much online games, it wouldn't hurt.

Nintendo's servers crashed after launching Pokemon Bank. Unless it's exclusive, I wouldn't rely on Nintendo's servers.

Conina said:
PigPen said:

I don't care about scores.  I stll say meh to most of them.

Yeah, we know how you would rate games.

• Nintendo exclusives: great games
  • multiplatform games with good Nintendo version: good games 
  • multiplatform games with bad Nintendo port: meh at best
  • multiplatform games with no Nintendo version: meh at best 

The first 2 are actually true, with a few exceptions. 3 and 4 are half true since the average score for games is considered "Meh", but there's plenty of exceptions.

fps_d0minat0r said:
but what would they exactly say?
"our network ranks last on basically all MP games but its free so please live with it" ??

They would say you can play online multiplayer for free, duh!

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
Conina said:
PigPen said:

I don't care about scores.  I stll say meh to most of them.

Yeah, we know how you would rate games.

• Nintendo exclusives: great games
  • multiplatform games with good Nintendo version: good games 
  • multiplatform games with bad Nintendo port: meh at best
  • multiplatform games with no Nintendo version: meh at best 

The first 2 are actually true, with a few exceptions. 3 and 4 are half true since the average score for games is considered "Meh", but there's plenty of exceptions.

Bolded.  Seems kind of biased to me.

Zisbest said:
Nah, I mean it's great not having to pay anything for online matches and stuff, but the Wii U's online service isn't really comparable to PSN and Xbox live, so no.

I never understand what people mean by that.

I play a game on 360 PS3 and WiiU. THere is no difference other that Nintendo has Miiverse which kicks the other systems butts. Also PC has no online fee and kicks every consoles but too.

I certainly dont want to talk to dumb people online especially not when they are 13 year olds playing games for 13 year old that for whatever reason have an M rating.

Other than online multiplayer, just about everything else on PSN and now XBL is accessible w/out a subscription fee, and on a much better quality network too.

Nintendo network being "free" is no longer a plus, unless you only plan on playing games like MK8 and SSBU online and that's it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Yer but the competition has way more stuff online so it is worth the payment.

Even if you do not care about all the extras (like me), they got online games where as Nintendo does have many.

I'm not sure Nintendo wants to expose itself to counter campaigns stating how much better PSN and XBL are...