By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should advertise the fact that their Internet Connection is FREE!

I just thought to myself about the fact that

Connecting to the internet on Wii U doesn't cost any money.

PlayStation 4 Interent connection cost money

Xbox One Internet connettion cost money

Wii U internet connection is FREE!

That's a really big advantage.

Don't you think They  should advartise an important thing like that?

What's your opinion on that ?

Tell me what you think.

Around the Network

Not really.

Nah, I mean it's great not having to pay anything for online matches and stuff, but the Wii U's online service isn't really comparable to PSN and Xbox live, so no.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Currently, there aren't any big online games except for past Call of Duty titles. Upcoming Mario Kart 8 will be the only big online game on the Wii U for the foreseeable future. It can't be a selling point if it isn't utilized.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Most definitely, yes. Free online and backward compatibility are definite pluses.

Around the Network
Zisbest said:
Nah, I mean it's great not having to pay anything for online matches and stuff, but the Wii U's online service isn't really comparable to PSN and Xbox live, so no.

/thread

Click HERE and be happy 

Nintendo has a big advantage in online connection compared to the competitors.

When 2 companies are charging me for a certain service and the other is giving it for free

I think that company is much more considerate towards me as a costumer.

Nintendo deserves a lot of credit for giving their costumers internet connection for free.

Nintendo is giving me free internet connection? Where can I sign up? AT&T prices suck!

That being said, as an owner of a Wii U and PS4, Sony's online infrastructure is years ahead of Nintendo's.

Also, Nintendo kills any goodwill from free online gameplay by restricting digital games to one console.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

SnK0610 said:

When 2 companies are charging me for a certain service and the other is giving it for free

That is correct, however the two companies that are charging has more features. (But not Miiverse!)

Yep.

The lack of big online-focused games doesn't help at all! Maybe the situation will improve once MK8 comes out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---