By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should advertise the fact that their Internet Connection is FREE!

PigPen said:
EricFabian said:
SnK0610 said:
Nintendo is giving you something for free.

The other 2 companies are charging money for it.

It's that simple.

That's a big advantage for Nintendo.

Pretty much, but still online services on PSN and Live are years ahead of miiverse

But it's free!

You get what you pay for is the current perspective imo. I know tons of people who still think PSN sucks and XBL is the only viable place to game online. Nintendo could do a lot to try and reverse what people think of when they think Nintendo's online.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

OK, let's change the face of Nintendo's online for a second.

Remember Nintendo Wi-Fi connection? You know, that thing that just died? That sucks.

But Nintendo changed that ^ with the 3DS for Nintendo Network. Which is millions of time better that NWFC. 

In conclusion, NWC sucks ass. Nintendo Network (their current online infrastructure) doesn't.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

PigPen said:
EricFabian said:
SnK0610 said:

It's that simple.

Pretty much, but still online services on PSN and Live are years ahead of miiverse

But it's free!

When you are paying for PS+/XBL, you aren't simply paying to play online, you're paying for a service. A service that includes a variety of things such as monthly (free) games, twitch streaming support, regular discounts, online MP, etc. The point is, MP is only a part of PS+/XBL.

Sure the Wii U gives you MP for free, but as a service PS+/XBL is far greater than Nintendo Network. You are simply paying for a better service and most people are very satisfied with the overall service they're getting in retun for paying a monthly fee.

UltimateUnknown said:
PigPen said:
EricFabian said:
SnK0610 said:

It's that simple.

But it's free!

When you are paying for PS+/XBL, you aren't simply paying to play online, you're paying for a service. A service that includes a variety of things such as monthly (free) games, twitch streaming support, regular discounts, online MP, etc. The point is, MP is only a part of PS+/XBL.

Sure the Wii U gives you MP for free, but as a service PS+/XBL is far greater than Nintendo Network. You are simply paying for a better service and most people are very satisfied with the overall service they're getting in retun for paying a monthly fee.

But, but it's free!

I think that free internet connection and full backward compatibility are great features that Nintendo should advertise.

I've enjoyed 7 years of free multiplayer on PS3 and the only reason I'm ok with paying for PS+ on PS4 is that I already became a member back in 2012 when Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Dead Space 2, etc. was added to the instant game collection.

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
I think that free internet connection and full backward compatibility are great features that Nintendo should advertise.

I've enjoyed 7 years of free multiplayer on PS3 and the only reason I'm ok with paying for PS+ on PS4 is that I already became a member back in 2012 when Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Dead Space 2, etc. was added to the instant game collection.

I'm happy that you're happy about those games.  The most is meh at best, but of course that's my own opinion.

They should work on many things with their marketing.

Good Name to give for their new console.

Advertise the backward compatibility.

Letting the costumers know Nintendo is the only company that gives you

Internet connection for free.

With strong Marketing Nintendo could sell much more.

PigPen said:
Mike_L said:

I'm happy that you're happy about those games.  The most is meh at best, but of course that's my own opinion.

You're completely entitled to your opinion (meh at RDR  hurts a little though) but those games were enough for me to justify £2.5 a month.

If Nintendo launched an equivalent service on my Wii U with the possibility to try a lot of great games like The Wonderful 101 I would definitely subscribe.

Doesn't matter because no one plays games online with the WiiU.

GoldenGamer said:
Doesn't matter because no one plays games online with the WiiU.

Speak for yourself.