By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Player2 said:
kopstudent89 said:

Difficult but couple of things:

EPL is in a poor state at the moment

Klopp will get talent

I don't know about winning the league but maybe something similar to Rafa where we got top 3/4 constantly with European/Cup success

If Liverpool waited a little bit it could have gotten Benítez again

Haha I don't want Rafa back. Just saying that we could do well in the cups

Around the Network

you have to be pretty bad not to qualify for the euros now,it doesn't mean i am not pleased for the smaller football nations who now get to a summer tournament as they deserve it but the groups are pretty pointless for top seeds now how can you fail with top 3 places

i'll miss the 16 team euro competition, that was a proper hard comp

World cup qualy is now where it is hard

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

you have to be pretty bad not to qualify for the euros now,it doesn't mean i am not pleased for the smaller football nations who now get to a summer tournament as they deserve it but the groups are pretty pointless for top seeds now how can you fail with top 3 places

Fuck us...  i really don't know what happend.. its like we are missing a generation of players between age 23 to 28..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
zuvuyeay said:

Fuck us...  i really don't know what happend.. its like we are missing a generation of players between age 23 to 28..

Indeed. Netherlands always used to have a few legendary players, but there aren't many left now. Especially looking at the most recent starting 11 (although I know that this might not be quite representative).

Barozi said:
NiKKoM said:
zuvuyeay said:

Indeed. Netherlands always used to have a few legendary players, but there aren't many left now. Especially looking at the most recent starting 11 (although I know that this might not be quite representative).

Plus it doesn't help that you assigned Blind as your manager. 

Around the Network

Darth Moul was watching Ukraine-Spain.

So England win all of their qualifying games... I'm guessing that means we are going out in the group stage. :)

Also, Alli gets and England call up for having played all of 7 games for Spurs, poor Ward-Prowse can't when playing basically first team for Saints for 3 years. If he wants to get in he's going to have to start scoring not matter how good at dead ball situations he is.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
Barozi said:

If Memphis keeps playing the way he's started the season for the next few years maybe they'll have one again...

The way he's been playing for the national team after the World Cup he might as well get benched.

The Fury said:

So England win all of their qualifying games... I'm guessing that means we are going out in the group stage. :)

Well, someone has to do Spain's old role.

Poor Holland........ On a brighter note, Norway has scored against Italy!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---