By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

NiKKoM said:
Ka-pi96 said:

eh, they're only like 20m per year off of Arsenal. Not a huge gap and who knows if they had the right player maybe they'd be willing to pay more. I wonder how their wage bill compared to the others while they still had Suarez.

Besides, high wage bills doesn't mean good players. Just look at QPR

Lol.. It's been 11 years since Arsenal won the league.. And they are just behind with 30 million in wages compared to the top 3.. Like QPR I don't think Liverpool can atract worldclass talent to play there.. Suarez was an exception..

You don't need world class talent to improve over Mignolet. Even a team like Getafe has a better goalie than him...

Around the Network

Northern Ireland qualify for the Euros for the first time in 30 years, ROI mean while down Germany to have a fighting chance as they have to beat Poland to go through as the latter have a better goal difference so a draw is good enough for them. Lewandowski's late goal is both a blow for Scotland and ROI.

BraLoD said:
So, Chile? Brasil?

Those are countries, yes.

Ar hen tina pls.

How can you be losing 2-0

Ka-pi96 said:

Would you have thought Dortmund could have attracted world class talent before they won the league though?

Bundesliga you have to beat just 1 team.. Premier League even with Chelsea in a dip there are still 3 other powerhouses left... even with Aguero out now which may cause City to lose points... I think Klopp will do alright might get 2 top 4 finishes but nr1 is just damn difficult

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

NiKKoM said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Would you have thought Dortmund could have attracted world class talent before they won the league though?

Bundesliga you have to beat just 1 team.. Premier League even with Chelsea in a dip there are still 3 other powerhouses left... even with Aguero out now which may cause City to lose points... I think Klopp will do alright might get 2 top 4 finishes but nr1 is just damn difficult

Difficult but couple of things:

EPL is in a poor state at the moment

Klopp will get talent

I don't know about winning the league but maybe something similar to Rafa where we got top 3/4 constantly with European/Cup success

NiKKoM said:

. even with Aguero out now which may cause City to lose points... 

He is? Sad for him but good for my Fantasy Football, so many people had him as captain last week and I didn't have him. If they didn't have him I would have stomped them all.

Hmm, pie.

kopstudent89 said:

Klopp will get talent

First rule to introduce. Stop buying Saints players.

Hmm, pie.

Aguero is out.. again. Sigh. No City fan but Aguero moments of brilliance are so pleasing to watch.