By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Augen said:
Anfebious said:
HAHAHAHA! And to think I was predicting Mexico would be taking the cup.

I'm hoping for a rematch against Chile but we are facing USA before that. The only decent CONCACAF team.

We are missing several key players due to suspension so I would expect the US to come out very conservative as just uttering Messi gets dead eyed middle distance stares from folks.

My hope is we play hard, keep it respectable and maybe just surprise everyone against one of the best in the world.  Key is weel organized defense led by Brooks and then need Guzan to make a couple big saves.

Yep, you guys are missing 3 key players for the match... It's going to be interesting, I'll be rooting for Argentina this time. I feel like this time we really have a chance at winning the cup. I just want to see Argentina lifting a trophy at least once in my lifetime.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

We can change our predictions? Cool, I would lke to change my 1-1 prediction for the Ukraine-Poland match to 1-3.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

Basically! There are no more teams these days. It's bunch of guys playing for one overrated f*cker.

I have never seen a generation of footballers so uninspired. 

Agreed. International teams are more about individuals than ever these days. Kinda sucks really.

Oh well, at least club football is still good.

Maybe I haven't watched enough Euro, but the focus away from individual players is why I love international matches so much. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I won't change my predictions, though I do think I can be sure my Ukraine prediction will be wrong, though the outcome (the winner) will probably be correct lol.

Anyway I have;

Ukraine-Poland 2-3
Northern Ireland-Germany 0-6 lol
Czech Republic-Turkey 1-1
Croatia-Spain 1-3

Entered in the spreadsheet.

On second thought Czech Republic is probably going to win against Turkey instead of my tie as well, but we'll see. Yeah I'm sticking to my predictions, come at me!

Quick predictions:

Poland 2:0 Ukraine
Germany 2:0 N. Ireland

Spain 2:1 Croatia (though this can go either way)
Czech Rep 2:0 Turkey

On one hand I hope we finally get over the funk and score, but on the other hand I want us to finish second in our group. Also some subs are starting today, though the core plays as well. We'll see how it goes.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Poland vs Ukraine very good game so far.

Finally at least someone is müllering.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Play Gomez, he scores. Why didn't they play him from the beginning of the tournament? Means my prediction of im being top scorer might have been true.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Play Gomez, he scores. Why didn't they play him from the beginning of the tournament? Means my prediction of im being top scorer might have been true.

Can still be true. This seems to be the new default line up for the next matches.

Overall meh game but at least we found a great replacement for shit Höwedes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

pretty good game by us, but should've resulted in a much higher victory. Seems to be typical for this tournament so far though.

1st half was excellent.
Nothern Ireland was incredibly harmless. Not one decent goal scoring opportunity and I recall only two shots that had to be saved by Neuer.
Götze better but still meh. Lost too many balls.
Gomez improved our game by a lot. Not a great game, but good nonetheless. Could make our game even better if the crosses weren't so mediocre.
Kimmich was good, but his performance was way overhyped by the commentator and moderators. Still, better than Draxler.
Schürrle was disappointing.
Özil improved as well.
Müller tried but he can be soooo much better.