By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Who would guess Wales would top its group? Just amazing!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Cahill confirms it. England thought they would win by ball possession. Must've been a shock for the team to find out it doesn't work that way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

geeez and I was rooting for England for once...

Not surprised about Russia though. They are have been really bad for years. 2008 was the last time they were actually kinda good and everyone expected them to improve over the following years, but they started to suck hard.

okr said:
I watched Wales-Russia. Good decision.

Well done, Wales.

Good choice England v Slokavia was crap. 95% of passes went backwards or sidewards and the midfield was dead everyone just stood waiting for the ball and never had any moment, One of the most boring matches I've seen in a long time.

Bale does what Ronaldon't: Elevate the team.

Around the Network

I guess I'm still going to be considered this thread's weird guy for having no faith whatsoever in England and considering them an absolutely average team. But to think that England was minutes away from not winning with Wales, ending up with 3 points and being on par with Albania...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Ka-pi96 said:
Scisca said:
I guess I'm still going to be considered this thread's weird guy for having no faith whatsoever in England and considering them an absolutely average team. But to think that England was minutes away from not winning with Wales, ending up with 3 points and being on par with Albania...

The real weird part is that you have so much faith in Poland yet at the same time put down England. I'd say they're pretty close in ability actually...

It stops being weird when you compare players' individual skills, the teams they play for and their achievements - there is a very significant gap between the teams. The fact that England's gameplan for the majority of time is to kick the ball in the penalty ball and see what happens is another reason, why I can't treat them seriously.

So, England is about to play against 2nd team from Group F - Portugal anyone? Should they somehow get pass this stage (they may face Hungary after all), there will be France waiting for them - and that's the furthest they can go. By not winning this terrible group England has made this tournament much harder for itself.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

NiKKoM said:
weaveworld said:
That was painful to watch.

The lack of quality surprises me every tournament.

You're dutch... You should be used to a lack of quality...

Of course! Isn't that exactly the reason why we are not playing?

They should change these tournaments to mid or early season...

Owe Welsh an apology, well done to win the group.

Really thought England could score a goal today.

I find it kinda weird that Europeans are so down on their teams. While not every team at Euro is great, we're still talking about all top 50 teams in the world. I mean, judging from these comments, people are saying that even top 10 teams in the world aren't good teams. Is it a zero sum game with only 3-4 teams considered good?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.