By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

vivster said:
LipeJJ said:
I'm still not sure if Scisca is serious about Poland or just trolling.

He's Polish. Take a guess.

I know, but the way he's pushing it made me doubt for a moment.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
pastro243 said:

Sorry, I meant just expanding conmebol and giving it the 3 spots of concacaf. I think it would make the U.S and México better teams by facing better competition and maybe teams like Perú could go to a World cup and make decent performances 

The better competition thing sounds good and all but I doubt they will gift conmebol a few places. While I do agree that conmebol should have more places that doesn't seem the best fix. Maybe if they were to give every association one more spot...

I didn't express myself correctly, it wouldn't be more spots for CONMEBOL, it would be a merge with CONCACAF and just add their spots for the new confederation.

It would be 7 spots for the Americas (4+3) and the 8th and 9th go on to playoffs with teams from other confederations

I guess it would be something like Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, México, USA, Ecuador go direct and Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Honduras or Venezuela would fight the other 2 

Oh, and today I remembered Uruguay federation said this Copa was fixed for Mexico to win it

LOL

We are so shit.. We can't even beat Albania....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

LipeJJ said:
I'm still not sure if Scisca is serious about Poland or just trolling.

He absolutely give too much soul into this, but I think he is happy ( and me too ofc ) that finally Poland has a decent ( not imba good, just decent ) team. Previously our rep was just a buch of outsiders who want to grab easy money. Now we get a players who mean something at least.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Of course nobody will forget about Poland.

I guess both of u shall take it easy and calm down for a moment.

Sure, Scisca's talks are kinda weird, but ur replies are not helping at all.

Anfebious said:
HAHAHAHA! And to think I was predicting Mexico would be taking the cup.

I'm hoping for a rematch against Chile but we are facing USA before that. The only decent CONCACAF team.

We are missing several key players due to suspension so I would expect the US to come out very conservative as just uttering Messi gets dead eyed middle distance stares from folks.

My hope is we play hard, keep it respectable and maybe just surprise everyone against one of the best in the world.  Key is weel organized defense led by Brooks and then need Guzan to make a couple big saves.

Augen said:
Anfebious said:
HAHAHAHA! And to think I was predicting Mexico would be taking the cup.

I'm hoping for a rematch against Chile but we are facing USA before that. The only decent CONCACAF team.

We are missing several key players due to suspension so I would expect the US to come out very conservative as just uttering Messi gets dead eyed middle distance stares from folks.

My hope is we play hard, keep it respectable and maybe just surprise everyone against one of the best in the world.  Key is weel organized defense led by Brooks and then need Guzan to make a couple big saves.

I just hope and pray that Jurgy doesn't trot out Beckerman out there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pastro243 said:

I didn't express myself correctly, it wouldn't be more spots for CONMEBOL, it would be a merge with CONCACAF and just add their spots for the new confederation.

It would be 7 spots for the Americas (4+3) and the 8th and 9th go on to playoffs with teams from other confederations

I guess it would be something like Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, México, USA, Ecuador go direct and Peru, Paraguay, Costa Rica, Honduras or Venezuela would fight the other 2 

I understood what you were trying to say. What I'm saying is that there are more and better teams in conmebol, so concacaf would be basically giving up on a couple spots.

AZWification said:

We are so shit.. We can't even beat Albania....

At least you're not Germany. We couldn't even win against Poland.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.