By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516

Welp. That's that.

Around the Network

Mario Karts art style would benefit from a sharper 1080p visuals, but no AA sounds worse as it can be distracking from an otherwise nice looking game.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Anfebious said:
vivster said:
d21lewis said:
Day one purchase!

You know, it might seem awfully petty but I was really looking forward to getting a Wii U soon. But now this excitement got a heavy damper. I always thought 1080p for a WiiU games sounded pretty fishy but I didn't think it would be impossible. I was looking very much forward to MK8 in crisp 1080p60. I was genuinely excited.

Now reality got me again. 720p without AA just sounds repulsive.

I'm with you, I thought the game was supossed to push the Wii U to it's limits... I am seriously thinking on cancelling my pre-order. You can't play a game if your eyes are puking.

You can play them and sometimes you might even have fun. I even played through all of TLOU and thought it was probably a very good game.

That eye cancer will probably stick for life though. Doctors say it's treatable but that's not really consolation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Batman Arkham City was 720p with no AA, I don't recall that ruining the game...

curl-6 said:
Batman Arkham City was 720p with no AA, I don't recall that ruining the game...

It had Batman in it. Which already was quite enough a repellent for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Well shit, they didn't use any AA at all? o.O I thought they'd at least use the shitty edge detection method they went with for 3D World...

Still a great game, but it's a shame Nintendo haven't put the effect in to make it everything it could be.

Non-issue for me. It's a game, its supposed to be fun. I never really believed it was going to be 1080p since every screenshot & YT video posted was in 720p.

DerNebel said:
kljesta64 said:
nothing to discuss.

buy it play it have fun with it.

this is mario kart we are talking about not some 30 mil. big budget real life shoot 'em up rollercoaster.

People sure found alot to discuss when this game was still rumoured to be 1080p, but sure let's just sweep the facts under the rug.

Go ahead, discuss more. Curious to see what you have to contribute, DerNebel. 

OT: Seriously not even AA. MK is in an indie. Hype it up people. 

RolStoppable said:
Zekkyou said:
Well shit, they didn't use any AA at all? o.O I thought they'd at least use the shitty edge detection method they went with for 3D World...

Still a great game, but it's a shame Nintendo haven't put the effect in to make it everything it could be.

They did it to spite you. Nintendo has my full support.

Those basterds D:

The Wii U's weak hardware is really showing.