By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
Figgycal said:
Wii U has more 1080p games than PS4 confirmed.

No, it doesn't.

On topic, was there really any doubt? It's the third or fourth time this has happened with Nintendo games in 2 years.

Around the Network

To be fair, Mario kart doesn't need 1080p. What it really need is a smooth gameplay and a great track design which acording to review, it delivers.

Edit: And I hope this stop the nonsense, "Wii U has more 1080p games than PS4".

Leadified said:
DerNebel said:

It's great isn't it? Just compare the general reaction in this thread with the 1080p rumour thread

1080p: Wow, great news guys, Nintendo is so awesome.

720p: Lol, who even cares.

Well, who does care? It's not like it was offically confirmed to be 1080p and Nintendo threw a curve ball at everyone.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182665&page=1

Look in here to see who obviously must care. Not everybody in the thread, but there are some people that obviously were very happy and eager to take this as fact.

The low resolution and lack of AA would be understandable if the actual graphics were impressive, but even they are below average.

Zekkyou said:
PigPen said:
gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:
I don't believe them, this is Nintendo we are talking about. People would do anything to try to make this game not sell.

lol c'mon now.

At first Digital Foundry confirmed that Mario Kart ran 1080p at 60fps.  Now it's 720p at 59 fps. That alone makes me a non-believer.  Out of all the reviews that's out now Digital Foundry comes out with this.  But it's not really that serious, the game is going off and sell anyway.

Digital Foundry never said it was 720p, that was a rumor caused by an article over on Eurogamer (and then spread by other sites).

Several other reviewers have also mentioned that the game is 720p, while also giving the game a good score (before you try to claim they are part of this great big conspiracy of yours).

DF have praised the parts of the game worth praising (such as the lighting and performance) and were also disspointed by other areas such as the resolution and lack of AA. Their analysis was incredibly fair and well thought out. People are just rather sensitive since this news hurts their agenda that the WiiU is some kind of super computer.

If that's true then it is what it is.  But I won't believe them (DF).  The Wii U is not a computer.  It doesn't have a mouse or fax machine.  It does have eDRAM.

Around the Network

"It's not like it was officially confirmed"

If everybody talks about and says it is, and Nintendo just sits idly by not saying a thing, it's the same thing as lying.
People started talking about WD 1080p/60fps on PS4 and one day later things were already being cleared up.
Nintendo let this slide for months.

Take from what whatever you want. I know what I take from it.

vivster said:
d21lewis said:
Day one purchase!

You know, it might seem awfully petty but I was really looking forward to getting a Wii U soon. But now this excitement got a heavy damper. I always thought 1080p for a WiiU games sounded pretty fishy but I didn't think it would be impossible. I was looking very much forward to MK8 in crisp 1080p60. I was genuinely excited.

Now reality got me again. 720p without AA just sounds repulsive.

Haha you can´t be serious.
People this days...

DerNebel said:
Leadified said:
DerNebel said:

It's great isn't it? Just compare the general reaction in this thread with the 1080p rumour thread

1080p: Wow, great news guys, Nintendo is so awesome.

720p: Lol, who even cares.

Well, who does care? It's not like it was offically confirmed to be 1080p and Nintendo threw a curve ball at everyone.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=182665&page=1

Look in here to see who obviously must care. Not everybody in the thread, but there are some people that obviously were very happy and eager to take this as fact.

That made me remember this smart guy.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6281091

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DerNebel said:

I just have to add that I said from the start that this whole 1080p rumour was very doubtful and that I find it very much worth discussing or at least pointing out that the game is 720p after all, when just 3 weeks ago we had a pretty big thread here where a whole lot of people just accepted 1080p as fact.

So, essentially you have nothing tangible to contribute regarding the game. Just interested in what strangers on the internet thought when they were misled to believe a different resolution for the game. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-03-gorgeous-mario-kart-8-retro-tracks-compared-to-originals

Please carry on as you might be on to something, eventually. 

POE said:
vivster said:
d21lewis said:
Day one purchase!

You know, it might seem awfully petty but I was really looking forward to getting a Wii U soon. But now this excitement got a heavy damper. I always thought 1080p for a WiiU games sounded pretty fishy but I didn't think it would be impossible. I was looking very much forward to MK8 in crisp 1080p60. I was genuinely excited.

Now reality got me again. 720p without AA just sounds repulsive.

Haha you can´t be serious.
People this days...

What's it to you?

I suffered through the latter half of last gen with all that 720p and no AA shit. That eye cancer will stick. And now it's supposedly next gen and I'm still stuck with this shit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.