By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
HoloDust said:
Quite expected honestly, though it really doesn't change the fact that it still has great art style and gameplay seems as fun as always.

But yeah, some WiiU apologists (notice I haven't used WiiU fans, let alone Nintendo fans) might want to re-examine their statements and their overall perspective of what WiiU is and what it is not.

Are you trying to imply that the WiiU isn't a super computer from the future with never before seen technology inside?

GTFO.

Around the Network

I really don't see why people are up in arms about it. OP just posted some new info on the matter, nobody is telling you to be upset or cancel your pre orders or that the game is now bad, just simply posting some new info on the matter.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:
Some of the responses in here are hilarious. Nobody is telling you guys not to buy Mario Kart because of the resolution. OP was just posting information.

It's great isn't it? Just compare the general reaction in this thread with the 1080p rumour thread

1080p: Wow, great news guys, Nintendo is so awesome.

720p: Lol, who even cares.

Well, who does care? It's not like it was offically confirmed to be 1080p and Nintendo threw a curve ball at everyone.

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:
Some of the responses in here are hilarious. Nobody is telling you guys not to buy Mario Kart because of the resolution. OP was just posting information.

It's great isn't it? Just compare the general reaction in this thread with the 1080p rumour thread

Well you gotta cross check the threads to see who was being a hypocrite. I doubt many of the 1080p60fps evangelicals have posted in this thread yet.

All I want from Mario Kart is some Battle Mode DLC.

Whats really interesting here, or at least what I am taking from this; is that all this time and before this analysis everyone were looking at a 720p game and were happy believing it was a 1080p game and saying best looking wiiU game and PS4/XBO can't even do 1080p60. Now all of a sudden its 720p and then it suddenly doesn't look as good anymore?

Akin to a ubisoft WD video released a while back that had everyone thinking it was running on a PC and some posters (on gaf) were saying the PS4 would melt doing that, it was revealed that it was running on a PS4 and then all of a sudden there wee flaws all over (PC master race).

Point? Most gamers don't have a clue what they are even championing when it comes to rez and framerates.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:
I don't believe them, this is Nintendo we are talking about. People would do anything to try to make this game not sell.

lol c'mon now.

At first Digital Foundry confirmed that Mario Kart ran 1080p at 60fps.  Now it's 720p at 59 fps. That alone makes me a non-believer.  Out of all the reviews that's out now Digital Foundry comes out with this.  But it's not really that serious, the game is going off and sell anyway.

I certainly recall some people spamming in ps4 / x1 thread, "Mk8 runs 1080p @60 fps.

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:

*hannibal voice* Hypocrisy, it's a common defense system for someone who needs to deflect the truth when it doesnt fit to his reality.

Some people seem too much on the defensive  when it comes to resolution, if you dont care, dont come into these threads. No need to act in a binary way, yes, resolution matters because it's always better to get a 1080p without aa than a 720p without aa, jammering is terrible, no need to deny that, but that doesnt mean we wont buy the game just because of that, every game has flaws, in that case, it's a flaw we could accept since the game is very good and can only be played in these specific conditions.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Ouch...

PigPen said:
gooch_destroyer said:
PigPen said:
I don't believe them, this is Nintendo we are talking about. People would do anything to try to make this game not sell.

lol c'mon now.

At first Digital Foundry confirmed that Mario Kart ran 1080p at 60fps.  Now it's 720p at 59 fps. That alone makes me a non-believer.  Out of all the reviews that's out now Digital Foundry comes out with this.  But it's not really that serious, the game is going off and sell anyway.

Digital Foundry never said it was 720p, that was a rumor caused by an article over on Eurogamer (and then spread by other sites).

Several other reviewers have also mentioned that the game is 720p, while also giving the game a good score (before you try to claim they are part of this great big conspiracy of yours).

DF have praised the parts of the game worth praising (such as the lighting and performance) and were also disspointed by other areas such as the resolution and lack of AA. Their analysis was incredibly fair and well thought out. People are just rather sensitive since this news hurts their agenda that the WiiU is some kind of super computer.