By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony win every generation by default?

DucksUnlimited said:

I didn't say everyone else got it from his first post, I said they got it. You however continued going on and on after constantly having it explained to you. Even after seeming to have understood at one point, you went back to not understanding again.

The only reason I got involved is because you don't seem to understand that it's bad etiquette to lash out at someone else for your own shortcomings.

And seeing as how you've strawmanned (or in your case more likely just misrepresented due to a lack of comprehension) both think-man and myself in your past 2 posts, the irony of your last statement is just brilliant.

Yeah and I explained that to thinkman just now in one of my posts,but as you don't really know what's going on, I wouldn't expect you to see that.

Lol,  lash out.As if was some big angry argument with name-callings or something. Spare me your little dramatisations.

I would love a little run-down on how I straw-manned in my past two posts. Or better yet, do us both a favor and butt out. I enjoyed arguing with think-man, you not so much.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:

Yeah and you can't prove that PS3 wouldn't have won if it didn't do blah blah blah, you can spin it anyway you want it doesn't make it a fact it's still an opinion that I didn't agree with.

I had already said: No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

then you said: Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

then after that I said: "each to their own" meaning if you don't agree with what I said from the start then whatever it's all opinions in the end of the day. Non of it can be proven unless you can a time machine we can borrow.

I didn't change my stance the whole thread.

This post:

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

wasn't a reply to that post:

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

You can see that in the quote tree it was a reply to the post before  that,so not sure why you are trying to twist things.

Anyways,like I said, no need to repeat myself. Everything is in the post I linked to before.

They were all on the same page, you read it and replied to it so you knew my stance I don't just change my views in 5 minutes so you starting this whole discussion over such things is strange, just stop being petty about the whole thing. Coming onto my wall trying to dominate me into giving in. Just admit you're wrong and we can move along.

endimion said:
Just to be clear you don't win a generation by selling more units only but by making the highest profit.... So nope Sony won 1 Gen so far maybe 2 but certainly not last Gen and the new Gen is yet to be proven pretty sure MS generates more profit on average by unit sold....

Just to be clear, winning a generation is a construct created by the gaming community to justify the purchase of their consoles of choice. If we are to consider the fact that the amount of money each company makes off of its consumers is not indicative of how favored they are by the market.

So yeah, we can judge based on consoles sold, and Nintendo absolutely destroys MS and Sony if we are talking about profit considering they rarely sell consoles at a loss. MS bleeds money and barely recoups with their (lack of a better term) policies.

I've never understood why gamers care about how much money their manufacturer of preference, I simply care about whether or not they are healthy, cause that ensures that my gaming isn't in jeopardy.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

endimion said:
Just to be clear you don't win a generation by selling more units only but by making the highest profit.... So nope Sony won 1 Gen so far maybe 2 but certainly not last Gen and the new Gen is yet to be proven pretty sure MS generates more profit on average by unit sold....

Umm what? The one who wins a generation sold the most units. Plain and simple. People like to twist it around whenever their console of choice isn't in the lead but that fact has always remained. Second of all you have no idea how much profit Microsoft generates off Xbox since they lump their gaming division in with other highly profitable divisions. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

think-man said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:

Yeah and you can't prove that PS3 wouldn't have won if it didn't do blah blah blah, you can spin it anyway you want it doesn't make it a fact it's still an opinion that I didn't agree with.

I had already said: No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

then you said: Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

then after that I said: "each to their own" meaning if you don't agree with what I said from the start then whatever it's all opinions in the end of the day. Non of it can be proven unless you can a time machine we can borrow.

I didn't change my stance the whole thread.

This post:

Nintendo won last gen because they made good decsions with the Wii, not because Sony fucked up PS3. What total nonsense.

No It's more to do with Xbox, the Wii would have sold the same amount but The PS3 would have been more successful against the xbox and maybe put another 30-40 million if it didn't let xbox get ahead. Contrary to what alot of people believe I don't really consider Sony and Nintendo home consoles to really be in battle with one another, they seem to want different markets. Sony and MS though and trying to get the same gamer.

You can see that in the quote tree it was a reply to the post before  that,so not sure why you are trying to twist things. 

Anyways,like I said, no need to repeat myself. Everything is in the post I linked to before.

They were all on the same page, you read it and replied to it so you knew my stance I don't just change my views in 5 minutes so you starting this whole discussion over such things is strange, just stop being petty about the whole thing. Coming onto my wall trying to dominate me into giving in. Just admit you're wrong and we can move along.

They were on the same page but I quoted your first post before you made the post explaining what you meant. You had not posted that yet when I wastyping my reply.

You must be really submissive if this light hearted post," Just admit I'm right and end it already." was dominative to you.

Around the Network

Well, this was an entertaining thread.

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:
Play4Fun said:

This post:

They were on the same page but I quoted your first post before you made the post explaining what you meant. You had not posted that yet when I wastyping my reply.

You must be really submissive if this light hearted post," Just admit I'm right and end it already." was dominative to you.

If I was so submissive do you think we would be arguing about such trivial things for the last few hours? 

think-man said:

If I was so submissive do you think we would be arguing about such trivial things for the last few hours? 

I just don't see why you would think I was trying to dominate you, since I never even got hostile or anything during the argument and even sprinkled a little humour in a few of my post.

Anyways, morning approaches and all that is to be said has been said so I'll stop, for real this time.

Play4Fun said:
think-man said:

I just don't see why you would think I was trying to dominate you, since I never even got hostile or anything during the argument and even sprinkled a little humour in a few of my post.

Anyways, morning approaches and all that is to be said has been said so I'll stop, for real jtime.

You've said that like eight times already. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Play4Fun said:
think-man said:

Anyways, morning approaches and all that is to be said has been said so I'll stop, for real jtime.

You've said that like eight times already. 

For real real.

This is my last post in this thread. I swear.