By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men: Days of Future Past, thoughts (Spoilers)

TruckOSaurus said:
I have a question for people who've seen the movie (so SPOILERS AHEAD obviously).

When I saw Striker at the end saying "Leave him to me" (or something similar) I thought it was a nice way to tie it all back to what we already know (i.e. that Striker is the one who gave Wolverine his adamantium skeleton) but then we see that it's not the real Striker but Mystique posing as him.

I really don't get that part. From what we saw in X2, it's the real Striker who's responsible for Wolverine's claws, not Mystique. Am I missing something?

I was also confused.

Do they mean to say that Mystique actually experimented on Wolverine - as you said - or that Mystique saves Wolverine from the experiments and in the new future he still has bone claws?

As for continuity with X2, they could easily explain it away as wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

Around the Network

Xmen Days of Future Past basically does undo X3 of the trilogy.

mysteryman said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I have a question for people who've seen the movie (so SPOILERS AHEAD obviously).

When I saw Striker at the end saying "Let him to me" (or something similar) I thought it was a nice way to tie it all back to what we already (i.e. that Striker is the one who gave Wolverine his adamantium skeleton) but then we see that it's not the real Striker but Mystique posing as him.

I really don't get that part. From what we saw in X2, it's the real Striker who's responsible for Wolverine's claws, not Mystique. Am I missing something?

I was also confused.

Do they mean to say that Mystique actually experimented on Wolverine - as you said - or that Mystique saves Wolverine from the experiments and in the new future he still has bone claws?

As for continuity with X2, they could easily explain it away as wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

That's how I see it: It was the real Stryker who experimented on Wolverine in the original timeline and the fact that it's now actually Mystique who "takes care" of him means that we just don't know yet if and how Wolverine actually gets his adamantium claws. maybe he still has bone claws or maybe stryker will still find a way to do it.

The Fury said:
lestatdark said:

Bolded - Wasn't this shown in the secret ending of X3? He transferred his consciouness to the comatose body of his twin brother that was being taken care by Dr. Moira. Why he has a comatose twin brother, that's never explained though.

Also, they gave Kitty the powers from Rachel Summers, the mutant that sent Kitty herself back in the comic version of DoFP. Maybe they didn't want to make such an important character just for DoFP. 

From what I understood from the movie, they needed Magneto because of Mystique. Since Charles could no longer reach her as she was too into Erik, they needed him to talk her out of killing Trask. That backfired massively though, because he's Magneto and he does what Magneto does best .

Is that was happened at the end of X3? I thought that was just John Doe comatose guy, not his twin. He had hair and a beard.

The Kitty having Rachel's powers annoyed me as a fanboy. They created Bishop, Sunspot, Thunderbird and Blink just for the future scenes, why not just have a character called 'Rachel' just no mention of her last name/heritage and each time, get Rachel to send Kitty back. Then at least it would have been more accurate to the original story and Rachel and Kitty's friendship.

I think they mentioned that guy being Charles twin in one of the audio commentaries of the DVD. Might have to re-check it again, since it could be just a regular john doe as you say. Though it would be odd for a regular john doe to have Charles's voice. Or any of Charles's mutant powers as well, unless he had the exact genetic makeup.

And yeah I agree with you regarding Kitty and Rachel. It was really a missed opportunity to not bring her into DoFP, even if it was without her Summers background.

And wow, reading that Twelve synopsys. They kill off Cyclops? Apocalypse rotting inside his own armor? The armor that's supposed to enhance his already godlike powers of rearranging every molecule of his body as he sees fit? Lots of bad story arcs there.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I thought it was beyond fantastic, i seriously enjoyed the hell out of it. Probably in my list of best movies ever. I don't follow the comics at all, so to me, it was fantastic.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

So, is this a good FILM or is it a good SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER? (Iron Man 1 is the former, Iron Man 3 is the latter)

Shadowcats new power is the biggest flaw for me... I had no idea what was happening when she put her hands on Bishop

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Is there a explanation on how Xavier is still alive after Xmen3? Is it a mystake or did they just don't care? It felt even more awkward since they aknowledged the 3rd movie by showing flashbacks of Wolverine killing Jean.

Btw, I loved the movie.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
Is there a explanation on how Xavier is still alive after Xmen3? Is it a mystake or did they just don't care? It felt even more awkward since they aknowledged the 3rd movie by showing flashbacks of Wolverine killing Jean.

Btw, I loved the movie.

There's a post-ending sequence in X3 where it shows that Xavier transferred his consciouness to another guy. See a few posts above for that discussion.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

TruckOSaurus said:

When I saw Striker at the end saying "Leave him to me" (or something similar) I thought it was a nice way to tie it all back to what we already know (i.e. that Striker is the one who gave Wolverine his adamantium skeleton) but then we see that it's not the real Striker but Mystique posing as him. 

remember the ripple effect?

well the history change... maybe in this universe mystique helped the process of making wolverine merge with his adamantum bones.... so the event of x2 didn't happen.  That's why jean gray was alive.....

oh the actress blink said she signed for 5 xmen movies.... so she will be in the apocalypse movie.... and the next trilogy...

maybe she would play psylocke instead! i hoope so!