By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men: Days of Future Past, thoughts (Spoilers)

d21lewis said:
Part of me wonders if the story would have been better if Kitty Pryde did go back instead of Logan, thogh....

And go back into who? She wasn't born yet. My friend pointed that one out and who better as a character that looked the same in the future as he did in the past. It fit because of this, even if it did take from the original plot.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
naruball said:

-Hated the premise. Time travel is always a bad idea and makes the audience feel cheated (I guess people are ok with it because they hate x3 with such passion).

-No epic battles/no actual villain. Every good movie needs a good villain and this one had nothing of the sort.

On these points. Time travel is very X-men (and Marvel), in the X-men alone there are 3 time traveled characters, 1 from another dimension, and 3 of them are technically children of Jean and Scott. Time travel when done right is good and a great story mechanic, in this instance I thought that was done well.

Ultimate human and mutant extinction isn't a good villain? Sentinels are X-men's worst fear because they highlight the fear and persecution that humans feaal in a totally destructive way, one that can cause utter devistation.

Hmm, pie.

I like the movie, but how the hell did Charles Xavier came back? Didn't he exploded in one of the movies? Days of Future Past didn't explain any of that. Unless I missed it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
The Fury said:
naruball said:

-Hated the premise. Time travel is always a bad idea and makes the audience feel cheated (I guess people are ok with it because they hate x3 with such passion).

-No epic battles/no actual villain. Every good movie needs a good villain and this one had nothing of the sort.

On these points. Time travel is very X-men (and Marvel), in the X-men alone there are 3 time traveled characters, 1 from another dimension, and 3 of them are technically children of Jean and Scott. Time travel when done right is good and a great story mechanic, in this instance I thought that was done well.

Ultimate human and mutant extinction isn't a good villain? Sentinels are X-men's worst fear because they highlight the fear and persecution that humans feaal in a totally destructive way, one that can cause utter devistation.

I know comics do time travel and parallel universes all the time, but I personally hate it. I feel cheated, as if part of what I watched didn't matter. It's also a cheap trick from my point of view. "Well this sucked... let's time travel and fix it". Just not my kind of thing, though I do get that many Marvel fans don't mind it or even like it so I'm not saying it's necessarily bad. Just not for me and plenty of other people, I'm sure.

As for the second part. Yes. A good villain for me is someone like Bane. For months after the Dark Knight Rises came out people were obsessed with Bane (the number of posts about him on 9gag was insane, especially because of a certain quote of his). Same with the Joker, though perhaps due to the death of Heath. I think most of the casual audience that watches these movies wants a villain with a face. Not a sentinel and a concept as a villain. As I mentioned though I love the X-men I got to know them through The Animated Series and the Sentinels were sometimes easily beaten by a single blast from Cyclops.